Would you guys encourage creating a dental anatomy app?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kuroikumo98

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings to the lovely sdn community
I'm a junior in high school and taking almost all of my classes in a CC. I'm 100% sure I want to pursue dentistry. I like to draw and could do digital art well. I thought it would be nice to mix my two passions to create a dental anatomy app ( they have one for the IOS app but it's for teeth only and doesn't have that much info). I want my app to include the whole mouth area including jaws and maybe the nose. This will mostly take me a really long time since I just started learning how to code with Swift haha. Would you guys encourage it? Would it make me unique by the time dental apps roll in or should i focus on something else? Are there any computer science experts that could give me a few tips?
Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Our dental anatomy class is already pretty graphic. Occlusion on the other hand, I'd approve that!

Could be a useful tool. I think it's worth looking into.

Do it to learn your craft - completing projects is the best way to learn to code

Reactions: 1 user
Greetings to the lovely sdn community
I'm a junior in high school and taking almost all of my classes in a CC. I'm 100% sure I want to pursue dentistry. I like to draw and could do digital art well. I thought it would be nice to mix my two passions to create a dental anatomy app ( they have one for the IOS app but it's for teeth only and doesn't have that much info). I want my app to include the whole mouth area including jaws and maybe the nose. This will mostly take me a really long time since I just started learning how to code with Swift haha. Would you guys encourage it? Would it make me unique by the time dental apps roll in or should i focus on something else? Are there any computer science experts that could give me a few tips?
Thank you so much!

It sounds like a good idea. When you say you want to include the whole mouth and not just teeth you're also talking about blood vessels nerves ligaments etc.? Because that would make it way more extensive than just teeth. I think that you need to do a very good job covering all the detail of the anatomy in order to publish something like that. You're asking if it will make you stand out as an applicant, of course it will, but it will also make you stand out in a bad way if you do a poor job. So it could be a good idea or a bad one, depending how it turns out.