Would you have time to study for NBME during the 4 year service obligation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stacker

n = 1
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you have time to study for NBME (for OMFS) during the 4 year service obligation? Are you expected to study during your vacation days if you were to prepare for the NBME as a military dentist? I guess another question I should ask is are you worked like dog or do you have normal private sector office hours? I could easily find this answer through google.

Members don't see this ad.

Would you have time to study for NBME (for OMFS) during the 4 year service obligation? Are you expected to study during your vacation days if you were to prepare for the NBME as a military dentist? I guess another question I should ask is are you worked like dog or do you have normal private sector office hours? I could easily find this answer through google.

Why would you want to study during your service obligation? Most likely you have taken this test during dental school? Or are you thinking of serving your time and then applying civilian? If you think that this test is like studying for NBDE Part 1, then think again, it is several times more difficult and requires secondary and tertiary depth of thinking to every question.

Why would you want to study during your service obligation? Most likely you have taken this test during dental school? Or are you thinking of serving your time and then applying civilian? If you think that this test is like studying for NBDE Part 1, then think again, it is several times more difficult and requires secondary and tertiary depth of thinking to every question.

A lot of people study during their service obligation, whether it's for tests like this or for their board certifications.