Would you rather....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pomfii

Some say I'm "Special"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Take a class at a convenient time (mid afternoon) from a sub-par prof, or at an inconvenient time (night), with a great prof???

Sounds like a silly question, but I'm trying to sign up for Bio II at the last minute, and that's the predicament I'm in. The prof who's not so great doesn't speak English that well, and isn't very clear, and the other prof is supposed to be excellent.

I wouldn't mind going at night, except I have classes in the morning, so I'd be at school all day. Plus, I'd have to get to sleep right when I got home, so I could get up for my 8:00 A.M. Ochem class :sleep: :sleep:

What would YOU do?? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

The great professor at the inconvienent time, hands down

Pomfii said:
Take a class at a convenient time (mid afternoon) from a sub-par prof, or at an inconvenient time (night), with a great prof???

Sounds like a silly question, but I'm trying to sign up for Bio II at the last minute, and that's the predicament I'm in. The prof who's not so great doesn't speak English that well, and isn't very clear, and the other prof is supposed to be excellent.

I wouldn't mind going at night, except I have classes in the morning, so I'd be at school all day. Plus, I'd have to get to sleep right when I got home, so I could get up for my 8:00 A.M. Ochem class :sleep: :sleep:

I would go for the "excellent" professor. You are doing this to learn and it serves your best interest to learn it well. I commuted over 60 miles to take classes at a University with an excellent science program for this reason and I don't regret it one bit. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was leaning more towards the good prof. Plus, I will be forced to study, since I will have the whole afternoon between classes! :thumbup:

Pomfii said:
I was leaning more towards the good prof. Plus, I will be forced to study, since I will have the whole afternoon between classes! :thumbup:

I was actually going to mention this. It can really help you set aside dedicated study time if you know that you have a class later anyway. Then after you leave class you're free for the day. I did this one semester and it worked out great.

Pomfii said:

i think i usually chose the convenient prof, but it was always the wrong decision. A good prof makes all the difference in the world.

Go with the better prof. Also since the class is at night, you probably will have the smaller class, which is always good.