Would you rather...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

once

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
...be:

a. an MD who knew everything about everything but was bound to be awkward when dealing with patients no matter what

b. an MD who was dumb as a rock but could BS people really well and make people believe him/her

GO

Members don't see this ad.

Why do you keep reloading on these trollish little "what if?" threads? How many people do you expect to say "I want to be the dumb as a rock guy!"? It's getting old, and it pushes more relevant threads off the 1st page of threads where they belong. Just stop. Nobody wants to watch you and any of your partners from your last thread to tee it up again.

...be:

a. an MD who knew everything about everything but was bound to be awkward when dealing with patients no matter what

b. an MD who was dumb as a rock but could BS people really well and make people believe him/her

GO

...be:

GO
I am guessing you aspire to be the second option?

Members don't see this ad :)
dumb thread, although I see what you're trying to get at. "What is more important, bedside manner or intelligence?" You need both, but you won't have people as dumb as a rock in med school, everyone will have the necessary intelligence to become a good physician.

I'll take omniscience. And, why would I be a physician if I knew everything about everything?

Sorry, OP, but this is a very bad thread. Most med students are not at one end of the spectrum or the other. Most med students are very bright, some are more outgoing than others, most med students will be very good doctors and find the med specialty that is compatible with their talents.

Perhaps you should wait until you are in med school to make these threads. But, of course, if you ever get to med school, you will not make these threads, because you will realize that they are nonsense.

Sorry, OP, but this is a very bad thread. Most med students are not at one end of the spectrum or the other. Most med students are very bright, some are more outgoing than others, most med students will be very good doctors and find the med specialty that is compatible with their talents.

Perhaps you should wait until you are in med school to make these threads. But, of course, if you ever get to med school, you will not make these threads, because you will realize that they are nonsense.

:laugh:

I'm starting to enjoy these trainwreck threads, OP. If only you tried as hard at making friends. :)

Also, I think you should change the options to:

a) Be an MD who memorizes the crap out of every little fact in their books, but has no friends, or

b) Be an MD, and have friends

OP, I hope that you aren't going to use this thread to rationalize your decision to memorize everything and not rejoin society until you do so. Your social ineptitude shows so clearly by your not realizing just how much people get annoyed by your threads.

Side note: Finally reached my devil's post! Huzzahs are in order.

Seriously these threads are starting to hurt me physically. Honestly if I read another one I'm going to have to smash my head against the computer screen to make the pain go away.

OP, I hope that you aren't going to use this thread to rationalize your decision to memorize everything and not rejoin society until you do so. Your social ineptitude shows so clearly by your not realizing just how much people get annoyed by your threads.

Side note: Finally reached my devil's post! Huzzahs are in order.

:banana::claps::woot::highfive::clap::bow::soexcited:

I'll stop now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you keep reloading on these trollish little "what if?" threads? How many people do you expect to say "I want to be the dumb as a rock guy!"? It's getting old, and it pushes more relevant threads off the 1st page of threads where they belong. Just stop. Nobody wants to watch you and any of your partners from your last thread to tee it up again.

Lol, it's a valid question I'd say. Lots of stuff gets miscommunicated when I type it b/c of language barriers and whatnot.

I love when Once starts a new thread.

In before lock.

I love when Once starts a new thread.

In before lock.

Not one of my threads have been locked...they're all legit for the most part. Some people are just haters and god bless em hahaha.

Oh my god, I am actually going to take once seriously.

I would rather be that BS guy. In this world, it doesn't matter whose right or wrong; it matters what others think about you. If you can convince your patient that you are awesome and earn their trust, you will be a great physician. As long as I can convince everyone I am intelligent, I am intelligent. Does it really matter if I am not?

Oh my god, I am actually going to take once seriously.

I would rather be that BS guy. In this world, it doesn't matter whose right or wrong; it matters what others think about you. If you can convince your patient that you are awesome and earn their trust, you will be a great physician.

lolwut, someone who understands the question and then proceeded to answer it? No way this is SDN.

In all seriousness though, that is very true. Some physicians are able to get away with pretty serious mistakes because of the trust the patients have in them. No doubt being a good BSer is a good virtue to have.

Not one of my threads have been locked...they're all legit for the most part. Some people are just haters and god bless em hahaha.

Just being prepared. Yes, I often wonder why your threads don't succeed. :confused:

I come onto these forums to ask questions about the application process and to read good advice others have had who are currently going through the same process or have in years past.

I don't come onto these forums to read threads that are dumb posting games that help no one at all and are just made to become popular (infamous or not). I'm sure there are other subforums that this could be posted in. Is there any way you can stop with these type of threads so threads that I and so many other people come here for are still on the first few pages?

why isn't once getting banned for making us read all this nonsense? :confused: There is no justice in this world. :smuggrin::D

Last edited:
Chops you SOB, you got me with the RickRoll.

I come onto these forums to ask questions about the application process and to read good advice others have had who are currently going through the same process or have in years past.

I don't come onto these forums to read threads that are dumb posting games that help no one at all and are just made to become popular (infamous or not). I'm sure there are other subforums that this could be posted in. Is there any way you can stop with these type of threads so threads that I and so many other people come here for are still on the first few pages?
:thumbup: Yes! 99% of us are serious and seek advice on our college careers. Once we log in all we see on the first page of threads are these dumb ***** questions with all the helpful ones two-three pages behind!! Stop posting this $hit and making a game out of the pre-allo. Your making us look more and more like kids playing on the internet. If you want to post that bad post in the lounge not the pre-allo. thread.:mad::mad: Thanks.:mad::mad:

This is a really dumb thread...but really, people BS well because they're smart.

And no, not everyone is gonna be so introverted. That's the whole point of the system. It's to weed out those who qualify and not. Those who are extroverted IN REAL LIFE not ON THE INTERNET will appear as such in interviews as well as rotations.

gtsmqcnp.gif

Threads like this are just a total waste of time. Also, by all of us continually posting to it, we're keeping it on the front page and pushing potentially helpful information to subsequent pages. OP please stop wasting everyone's time and burying (potentially) useful information.