Would you recommend your undergrad school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ah, well I have my family to keep me busy so I really don't have to worry about finding things to do in my free time...thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I know you said you wanted to stay in the midwest but the post-bacc program at my undergrad college, Scripps College (in Claremont, CA) is fabulous, small and with a great director. The entire post-bacc program is like a little family and you are integrated into the undergrad classes so you don't feel isolated socially.

Plus, my school is well known in the post-bacc community and has many early admit programs with good schools (GW, Temple, Drexel, etc.) who will admit our program's students in their 1 or 2 year and just have a grades requirement to stay above while they complete classes. Everyone in the program raves about it and a lot of the students have spouses and families.

Plus, Claremont is a cute little town near Pomona. Not nearly the so. cal image of LA!

Thanks for the suggestion about California, but I don't think it would work (my fiancee would have an aneurysm living that far away from her parents I do believe).

Just so you know though, I'm not looking for a post-bacc program. I am actually looking for a school to finish up my bachelors at. If I were to pursue a program beyond my BS it would be one that is going to lead to a masters or PhD.

Members don't see this ad :)
If TN is within the relm of possibility, I would vote for Vanderbilt. You will learn a lot at VU and the classes will challenge you. However, you will have to work hard and smart. You can get a less than acceptable GPA easily if you slack off. However, if you do well, you will be a shoe in for acceptence to a good allo program. If you do really well, you may get into a top allo program.

trinitrotoluene said:
If TN is within the relm of possibility, I would vote for Vanderbilt. You will learn a lot at VU and the classes will challenge you. However, you will have to work hard and smart. You can get a less than acceptable GPA easily if you slack off. However, if you do well, you will be a shoe in for acceptence to a good allo program. If you do really well, you may get into a top allo program.
Tennessee would be great, but I don't have that kind of cash to be shelling out for a Vanderbilt education. They have a great program there and I would love to get in, but I would have to get blessed with some seriously heavy duty financial aid for that to become any more than a dream.

As for getting into a top ranked program, I don't think I'm even going to be applying to any programs that most people consider top ranked although I have a GPA that would allow for it.