Would you still take the MCAT if you failed a class?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted647690

I was shooting to take the mcat this september and apply next cycle. However, I just walked out of my physics final completely disappointed. I had an A going into the final, but during the exam, I had a complete nervous breakdown and put a lot of random information on my exam. I don't think I did well. It was really bad and I am pissed.
Would you still take the mcat if you did poorly/failed a basic essential class (like physics) right before your test date?
I haven't started studying for the mcat yet, but I am a pretty weak student.

Members don't see this ad.

First off: Deep Breath! I'm sure you did much better than you think you did.

Secondly: of course still take the MCAT! You haven't even started studying yet. the MCAT imo is more a test in work ethic than in intelligence. If you can put the work in I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Also every student goes through some type of crisis while being premed. Don't let it get you down.

Hahahahahahahahhahah.

You didn't fail.

After studying for the MCAT, if you aren't prepared then, then push it to a later date. You have a year.

Members don't see this ad :)
I mean, I think my question is a good one. If you do poorly in fundamental class that is covered on the MCAT as a basic science or you don't feel like you've mastered the material, why would you take the exam? I feel like you're supposed to master all the prerequisite information first.

Do NOT take a career-deciding, high stakes exam unless you're 100% ready.

I was shooting to take the mcat this september and apply next cycle. However, I just walked out of my physics final completely disappointed. I had an A going into the final, but during the exam, I had a complete nervous breakdown and put a lot of random information on my exam. I don't think I did well. It was really bad and I am pissed.
Would you still take the mcat if you did poorly/failed a basic essential class (like physics) right before your test date?

Reactions: 2 users

If you had an A going in to the final, you clearly know the content... Deep breath. Study hard for the MCAT. If you aren't where you need to be a few weeks ahead of time, cancel it. If you're applying next year, you can test as late as May.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user