1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Would you void

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by iceman132, Aug 9, 2011.

1. iceman132

iceman132 Membership Revoked
    Removed 5+ Year Member

So I've been averaging a 9 on BS and Verbal. Around 8 or so on PS.

I would be happy with a 27 (Which doesn't look good at this point.) I would have gone through with it.... But I just took AAMC 10 and completely bombed it (7/7/5). Absolutely ridiculous after getting close to what I wanted.

So what would you do? I know everyone here wants to make a 30+ but this is where I'm at right now.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. John007h

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Unless you you became very sick during your MCAT or the rage virus spread from England to North America and you had to spend one of your sections fending off crazy pseudo-zombies then don't void.

You never knooo how you'll do, lots of stories of people jumping up 5 or more points on their real mcat!

4. iceman132

Removed 5+ Year Member

Thanks for the encouragement. I am really bummed out about AAMC 10. That 5 really shocked me.

5. mitchlucker

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    When's your exam? How are you feel after taking it?

A 7,7,5 indicates a severe lack of understanding in the material. You should keep studying as hard as you can and hope to bring it up.

Not saying it's impossible to jump scores, but the majority say that you will score somewhere in your practice test range.

If you have a ton of variety in your scores (like a 15 point range) then I would consider voiding based on how you feel after your test. If you think it went well then don't void, and vice versa.

If you're hovering around a 26 legitimately and this was just a fluke then I wouldn't void if your goal is a 27.

However, if you don't bring your score up and study hard you might be in for bad news when the scores come out. Personally, I would rather void than wait a month to be hit with an overall in the teens.

6. iceman132

Removed 5+ Year Member

I am taking it on Friday.

PS: Usually 7-8
    BS: Usually 8-9
    V: Usually 9-10

The BS really shocked me though. That was really strange.

7. apc

apc
    7+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    im not sure why everyone says this (not that its wrong - im just dont get it).
    if ur averaging well below ur goal, and uve take all aamc practice exams, then most likely ull get a score around ur average (which is well below ur goal). so y not just void? so wut if u waste the money? at least u dont mess up ur resume. taking the mcat 3 times and having 2 scores (one voided) is better than taking the mcat 3 times and having 3 scores. obviously thats if things dont go well the second time around. i honestly think the chances of getting lucky on the mcat and scoring well above (5 points) ur mcat is unlikely.
    so i guess ill be the buzz kill and tell the op to void...if ur not too confident at the end of the exam. if ur kinda sorta iffy at the end, then submit, but if u feel the same way as u did with the practice exams, then void.
    just my 2 cents.

8. coyotelime

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Try 11 and see how you do with the different types of BS passages. They aren't really harder IMO and actually requires less content knowledge(not too much less, many of the verbal type questions still require a basic understanding) so you may score better.

Good luck! Don't void unless you really feel like you bombed it after the test.

9. babypp2

Removed

Pre-Podiatry
    You never knooo how you'll do, lots of stories of people jumping up 5 or more points on their real mcat! [​IMG]

10. babypp2

Removed

Pre-Podiatry
    If you're hovering around a 26 legitimately and this was just a fluke then I wouldn't void if your goal is a 27.
    [​IMG]

11. destroyMCAT

Pre-Medical
    Or you could do 5 points lower. Don't wanna be the debbie downer, but it can happen. Happened to me. :laugh: