realruby2000

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 25, 2001
Visit site
Status
...in reality, i think the we should set up a lot of hospitals there cuz we've "accidently" bombed the hell out of so many innocent civilians and shrugged it off as collateral damage.... its the least we can do right?

About the Ads

15+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2001
Status
Non-Student
No. I'm going to be $200,000 in debt when I finish medical school and my long-suffering wife will want to see some return on her investment.;) Volunteering is out of the question.

Peeshee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 16, 2000
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes, I would...I think it would be a great experience and greatly needed. Many people though think I am crazy when I mention even going to Afghanistan, but I look at it as an exciting opportunity to help out.
Is the US really thinking of opening a hospital there?

Resident Alien

What?
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 21, 2001
Cleveland
www.tauseefbarakat.cjb.net
Status
If my conditions allow (debt repaid etc), I will definitely go.

Smoke This

Sweet cuppin' cakes!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would enjoy it, but I think that my first duty would be to Americans over there. I would rather first join a military forward surgical team or something similar, and time permitting, I would very much like to treat the Afghanis.

Diogenes

Succat
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2002
California
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by Smoke This
I would enjoy it, but I think that my first duty would be to Americans over there. I would rather first join a military forward surgical team or something similar, and time permitting, I would very much like to treat the Afghanis.
Just like M*A*S*H!

thriplesss3

Medical Student
Mar 4, 2011
Status
Medical Student
if the us government was to set up a hospital in afghanistan,

would volunteer there?
I am an Afghan and now studying medicals in Turkey.I just wanted to thank the u all that u want to help us . i know the condition there many childern dies of diseases that are easily curable coz less doctor and equipments.
Is US really making a hospital in Afghanistan if yes please tell me the place i want to volunteer there in my summer vocations....

Guillemot

7+ Year Member
Dec 24, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I would not volunteer anywhere that put myself in harms way. So no.

Dwindlin

ASA Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2009
Status
Attending Physician
I signed up to be a contract medic prior to school starting but never got called up to go.

vasca

En la era postpasambre
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2008
Chilangolandia nuevamente
Status
I'd probably enjoy working as an OB/GYN there. Afghanistan still has one of the highest maternal mortality rates in the world and their social structure makes it very hard for male doctors to convince these patients to cooperate. I personally enjoy OB very much and they surely need *some* degree of better quality of care.

About the Ads