would you volunteer in afghanistan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

entropy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
if the us government was to set up a hospital in afghanistan,

would volunteer there?

Members don't see this ad.

hell ya i would... the world's most drastic humanitarian crisis is in afghanistan...

...in reality, i think the we should set up a lot of hospitals there cuz we've "accidently" bombed the hell out of so many innocent civilians and shrugged it off as collateral damage.... its the least we can do right?

Members don't see this ad :)
No. I'm going to be $200,000 in debt when I finish medical school and my long-suffering wife will want to see some return on her investment.;) Volunteering is out of the question.

Yes, I would...I think it would be a great experience and greatly needed. Many people though think I am crazy when I mention even going to Afghanistan, but I look at it as an exciting opportunity to help out.
Is the US really thinking of opening a hospital there?

If my conditions allow (debt repaid etc), I will definitely go.

I would enjoy it, but I think that my first duty would be to Americans over there. I would rather first join a military forward surgical team or something similar, and time permitting, I would very much like to treat the Afghanis.

Originally posted by Smoke This
I would enjoy it, but I think that my first duty would be to Americans over there. I would rather first join a military forward surgical team or something similar, and time permitting, I would very much like to treat the Afghanis.

Just like M*A*S*H!

if the us government was to set up a hospital in afghanistan,

would volunteer there?
I am an Afghan and now studying medicals in Turkey.I just wanted to thank the u all that u want to help us . i know the condition there many childern dies of diseases that are easily curable coz less doctor and equipments.
Is US really making a hospital in Afghanistan if yes please tell me the place i want to volunteer there in my summer vocations....

I signed up to be a contract medic prior to school starting but never got called up to go.