Would you wear these shoes for interviews? (Men)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Minion

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering would you wear these shoes in the interviews. Because some people told me that it looks like a D-bag shoes and I would be throwing money everywhere. Someone that is cocky would wear these.

y8y5ajed.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, I think you're fine unless your interviewer is Steve Ballmer (Microsoft's CEO) who memorizes people's names by the shoes they wear.

Reactions: 1 user
Sure. But not the jeans.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

I was wondering would you wear these shoes in the interviews. Because some people told me that it looks like a D-bag shoes and I would be throwing money everywhere. Someone that is cocky would wear these.

y8y5ajed.jpg

I think they're fine. Are they salvatore feragamo?

Eh, I mean, I personally am not a fan of the buckle on the front. But that' just my personal taste. They are fine for an interview. In fact, I'm willing to bet that no one is going to notice WHAT shoes we wear (unless they are running shoes or something). That buckle though might actually look sharp if paired with a similar style tie clip. Love tie clips.

They're fine.....just please wear a suit that actually fits. I can't tell you how poorly dressed most people on the interview trail are.

Thanks everyone!

I am getting my suit tailored also! So I know it will fit! The thing that gets everyone is the shoe tip it curves up. Like a curved toe.

They're fine.....just please wear a suit that actually fits. I can't tell you how poorly dressed most people on the interview trail are.
Haha, that was probably me. I know nothing about fashion....

I would wear them but again some people told me that I am a D-bag.
JK they're fine.

Got my Hugo Boss suit ready to go, tailored with a slim fit. Where I work, I see so many people that have suits that look 3x way too big and baggy.

Nobody cares what you wear as long as you don't look like a schlub.

I think the shoes are fine, as long as you wear a suit and look put together you will be fine--focus more on connecting with the interviewers and you'll be golden