SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Wow got myself in a serious jam here...

Discussion in 'Psychology [Psy.D. / Ph.D.]' started by sukurux, Apr 14, 2007.

  1. sukurux

    sukurux 5+ Year Member

    Mar 15, 2007
    So I've been waiting on the Yeshiva Ferkauf psyd waitlist for a while now. Furthermore, I was accepted to MSPP, my second choice. I decided this morning (Saturday) that I would send an acceptance form for MSPP's program along with the hefty deposit. After I came back from the post office relieved that this whole ordeal was over I received an email from Yeshiva extending an offer to their program. I didn't know whether to be happy or panic. I tried calling the post office to maybe see if I could cancel the mail but they had already closed. I have a friend who goes to think maybe they could help me out? What to do??? Do I need a release now? Should I cancel the check??? :confused:
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. greenfieldPSY


    Mar 31, 2007
    If I were in that situation, I would first cancel the check and then call the school and let them know that the form was sent in error. I think that's all your can do at this point.
  4. sicologia

    sicologia 2+ Year Member

    Apr 9, 2007
    Chicago, Illinois, USA
    It seems that congratulations are in order and, like many things in life, they too have ironic twists to them. Yours would be a very ironic twist. I agree that you should cancel your check if you're fully committing to Yeshiva, yet I would be hesitant to reply with a complete and resounding "Yes" considering they only sent you an email. Although incredible news for you, doesn't it seem a little strange (or has anyone else here received acceptances via email)?
  5. ClinPsyD917

    ClinPsyD917 5+ Year Member

    Jan 24, 2007
    So, I was in a similar situation and ended up accepting a school I wasn't so set on because I didn't know the decision of the other school. Luckily, I found out about the other school BEFORE the first school cashed my check... so as above posters have said, I called the bank, cancelled my check, and then called the school to let them know I cancelled the check.

    For you, I would make sure that Yeshiva accepted you. I'm pretty sure it's fine because you have email proof. Even still, I would call first thing Monday morning to verify your status (or can you log in to something online to verify it?). As long as it's for sure, I would call and cancel the check to MSPP. Then call MSPP and let them know you've changed your mind, and they will not be able to cash the check, as you've cancelled it. And be very gracious :). MSPP will not even GET your mail until Mon at the earliest, so you don't have to worry about them cashing your deposit check before you can cancel it. Just take care of it Monday. And CONGRATS on getting into the school you wanted!!
  6. mumption

    mumption 5+ Year Member

    Feb 23, 2007
    This is somewhat unrelated... or maybe not...
    I'm on the waitlist at a school, and until a few days ago I assumed that was done. But was emailed Friday and told that the person who was holding the offer just turned it down, and there is another person ahead of me, who hasn't responded yet to the POI's email.
    Soooo....I guess my only hope is that they have already accepted an offer at another program.
    If they have, they really couldn't then take this offer right?
    Crossing my fingers...this is really my last shot (and I REALLY like this program)!!!!:scared:
  7. paramour

    paramour 7+ Year Member

    Jan 16, 2007
    Here's hoping! G'luck :luck:
  8. suite50


    Mar 26, 2007
    This would have been a great thread to start. I figure the average person spends $2,000 on the process .

Share This Page