Wow! Iowa accepted me!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racergirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When it rains, it pours!

I interviewed at Iowa Oct 22. I thought I came off as quirky and charming, but was beginning to think maybe I just came off as a freak. But low and behold, I got the nod in the mail today! I now join the hallowed halls of those holding MULTIPLE ACCEPTANCES! Ooooo...I must be sooo worthy...wha? what's that pain in my cranium? Why, it's my head...my head is growing...swelling...truly, I must be soooo cool!

Okay not really. But seriously guys. So far I've been on two interviews. At both of them I didn't act super-professional. I was myself. I cracked jokes, and just tried to keep the whole thing free and easy. So far it's worked both times. Granted I wasn't applying to Harvard or Duke or whatever, but still...

Don't be afraid to let your personality show!

Members don't see this ad.

You're AWESOME, ragergirl! :D :D :D :D
Ah, to be in the coveted position of having a choice!

Congratulations!

Shannon

Members don't see this ad :)
racergirl,
im so jealous :) i'm an iowa resident and it's my first choice. i interviewed a couple days after you (the 26th). are you in/out of state?
if you'd post stats, i'd really appreciate it, if you dont - no big deal

Congratulations :)

Congratulations!

What were your impressions of Iowa? Are you planning on going there?

To Bald:

If you did a search, you'd probably find them, but here they are again:

cum GPA: 3.06 (EEK!)
sci GPA: 3.57
MCAT: 13-15V 11P 13B Q

And no, I'm not a Iowa resident, so we're in different pools...

To Scottie,

I was really impressed with Iowa. I REALLY like their program. The only thing holding me back from attending is the money--I've been accepted to my state school, and going there would be MUCH cheaper. Guess I'll have to see how the financial aid thing hashes out...

The only thing holding me back are those IEFs. :)

Hey Racergirl, what's up. I was at the interview day with you... Congrats on Iowa!

Congratulations Racergirl. Iowa is awesome =)

Originally posted by blingbling:
•Hey Racergirl, what's up. I was at the interview day with you... Congrats on Iowa!•••

Hey, wow! Were you the guy from Colorado?

Originally posted by racergirl:
• But seriously guys. So far I've been on two interviews. At both of them I didn't act super-professional. I was myself. I ed jokes, and just tried to keep the whole thing free and easy. So far it's worked both times. Granted I wasn't applying to Harvard or Duke or whatever, but still...

Don't be afraid to let your personality show!•••

Hey Racergirl Congratulations! You are damn right! My first interview was at Duke and I found myself telling dirty jokes to my interviewer. I first told the one about the chicken and the egg having $ex, where the egg had to have come (Org@smed) first cause he/she was smoking a cigar at the end, while the chicken was looking upset (thus answering the question: "who came first, the chicken or the egg?)

:D Then I went ahead and told him the one about the guy trapped on the island; and was trying to screw the sheep but the dog wouldn't let him; he rescues the beautiful mermaid and asks her to walk the dog in return :D

Anyway, I came out of the interview thinking that went awesome. But then a week later I started thinking "ya blew it dude! no one wants a med student that's so full of ****" NEXT DAY (10 days after interview) I got accepted into Duke with a freaking full scholarship and huge stipend (MD/PhD).

I pulled a similar stunt at Pritzker and they were loving it. The director told me I'll get in. He said the official call will come in January.

This move has worked at my only 2 interviews this far. I'm not about to switch strategies. If it aint broke, then why the hell do you want to fix it :D

Peace Out!