Gucci Row

10+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2008
Status
Pre-Dental
I got curious and made the mistake of finding out the impact of this one grade on my GPA and the result is depressing.

Sci GPA w/class : 3.58
Sci GPA w/o class: 3.71

The worst part is that this class has nothing to do with predental requirements or even what I ended up majoring in.

I know a 3.58 is still good, but a 3.7 looks so much better.

Do you think a committee will take into account the fact that it was just one class, and an unnecessary one at that?

Doc Smile

10+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2008
Library
Status
Dental Student
I got curious and made the mistake of finding out the impact of this one grade on my GPA and the result is depressing.

The worst part is that this class has nothing to do with predental requirements or even what I ended up majoring in.

Do you think a committee will take into account the fact that it was just one class, and an unnecessary one at that?
They will see your 3.6 before looking at the classes to take.

When I was working for a teakwondo place, I was trained to sell the program to new customers. . . long story short, people see a price like 39.99 and think wow! that is cheap. But if they see the price 40.00 they think it is more expense, one cent.

Ok, this analogy is far stretched, but. . . You are seeing that 3.58 when I am seeing a 3.6 compared to a 3.7. . . NOT A BIG DIFF. Yeah a D has a big impact, one gpa point. With enough A's in more classes that .1 gpa point will get smaller. Upon graduation the gpa w/class and w/o class will be like .03 diff.

You will be fine

peerless218

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 20, 2008
San Francisco
www.facebook.com
Status
Dental Student

Ya I know exactly what you mean...I have a F on my transcript and YES that one hurts a lot!!! Unlike you, I have a 3.46 but it went down to a 3.3

alanan84

D1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2008
Status
Dental Student
I know how yall feel! I got 2 D's my freshman year in stupid classes (music and western political heritage) before I knew I wanted to do dentistry. I feel like I'll never be able to make up for that. I've gotten so many freaking A's since then and my GPA is still only 3.34. Sucks.