1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wow Untapped Verbal practice source

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Dr. Wall$treet, Nov 17, 2002.

1. Dr. Wall$treet

Dr. Wall$treet Membership Revoked
    Removed

hey kids, well in myu attempt to figure out what prac materials to get for this april espeicaly verbal, i stumbled across looking at an LSAT cause im thining of taking it and it is AWSOME verbal practice especially for the humnaities and social sciences passgages, since there are no science ones. I had downlaoded a free practice one and there are 4 sections, one of them is useless, it is logic games but 3 or them are critical reading. 2 of the 3 are not mcat style but give you a small paragraph and u have to analyze and think critically. the 3rd is EXACTLy mcat passage style. the first passage i read was teh SAME as oen i had seen on an mcat somwhere in my practies. .im sure many of you will recongnize it if you have practiced.. one about some guy and Jazz. v. modern jazz. anyway this section has 4 passages with each like 6 questions.. and it is great cause it is all social sciences. im including the link to the LSAC site and go to the link for LSAT and get the prac one to check for yorusef. Then u can order like 20 practice exams for 60 bux, which is great practice
    http://www.lsac.org/

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

hi wally!

I just wanted to tell you that when I was taking Kaplan, I thought that the LSAT materials would also really help me out. In fact, I was checking a few of them out. My verbal instructor told me that the LSAT test is testing skills other than what's tested onteh MCAT, so I really shouldn't waste my time on it. I don't know if that was good advice (I didn't do well on Verbal anyway) but just wanted to let you know that this was the general concensus among my profs.

Why don't you do GRE stuff instead? Just an idea.

Good luck!!
    PS: also try and get your hands on the PR verbal. I've been told that it helped a lot of people.

4. lady bug

7+ Year Member

I tried using GRE verbal passages for my MCAT study, but did not find them up to par with the difficulty of the MCAT material. Just my thoughts. I haven't tried out the LSAT yet stuff yet.

5. wholly

wholly Member
    7+ Year Member

i have been told that out of all verbal passages, lsat are the best to go with. however, they should just be used in the respect that they are not mcat passages, but they will provide you with great practice....anything helpsh