WOW You all are right and thanks for the truth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spursss

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems that all things that you guys have been preaching about are correct. This just goes to show how all these other people that would come in and bash everything that you all have said were full of crap and had no idea what they were talking about. It is people like you all that have probably helped expose military medicine for what it seems to be. Thanks for your message and information. Because of this I have elected not take a military scholarship or go to USUHS. If the military gets better, maybe I will join later down the road; however, there seems like there needs to be a lot of things cleaned up first. One of the downsides to my decision not to be in the military corps is my inability to one day work with people like all of you. Oh well, I am sure there will be other fine physicians that share my passions to provide the best dang healthcare possible and to be the best doctor that I can be. Thanks for what you all have done and keep spreading the truth so that people know what they are getting themselves into before they sign the dotted line.

Members don't see this ad.

It seems that all things that you guys have been preaching about are correct. This just goes to show how all these other people that would come in and bash everything that you all have said were full of crap and had no idea what they were talking about. It is people like you all that have probably helped expose military medicine for what it seems to be. Thanks for your message and information. Because of this I have elected not take a military scholarship or go to USUHS. If the military gets better, maybe I will join later down the road; however, there seems like there needs to be a lot of things cleaned up first. One of the downsides to my decision not to be in the military corps is my inability to one day work with people like all of you. Oh well, I am sure there will be other fine physicians that share my passions to provide the best dang healthcare possible and to be the best doctor that I can be. Thanks for what you all have done and keep spreading the truth so that people know what they are getting themselves into before they sign the dotted line.

I have said that things would not change until either the HPSP/physician supply runs dry or until the public knew the truth...................hopefully some good will come from all of this now, but I still wouldn't bet on it...yet.:confused: :rolleyes:

I have said that things would not change until either the HPSP/physician supply runs dry or until the public knew the truth...................hopefully some good will come from all of this now, but I still wouldn't bet on it...yet.:confused: :rolleyes:

ditto

Members don't see this ad :)
Unfortunately , the feeling I am getting while I watch all this unravel is that the policy makers are hunkering down until the news and people forget about the whole thing; Cutting a few heads in the process to make people think they are doing something about a problem they have known for years existed.Sort of sticking your head in the sand and hoping the problem goes away. :scared:

Unfortunately , the feeling I am getting while I watch all this unravel is that the policy makers are hunkering down until the news and people forget about the whole thing; Cutting a few heads in the process to make people think they are doing something about a problem they have known for years existed.Sort of sticking your head in the sand and hoping the problem goes away. :scared:

in 1997, some journalist published some article on milmed in the Dayton Daily News. Everything hit the fan; just like what is going on now. Washington promised changes. People/docs on this site have been saying for years that there are serious, unacceptable problems going on im milmed. Walter Reed has only served the purpose to give creedence to those claims.

I expect (but do not wish) a repeat performance here again ie......Washington will make some bold promises, and when things cool down, milmed will be to the same ole status quo. There needs to be a fundamental change on how the military does healthcare. I do not think it can happen internally. I believe you need a civilian watchdog group that has the ear of congress, the ear of the media, and the voice of military practicing physicians.:idea:

http://www.pulitzer.org/year/1998/national-reporting/works/

Here's the article exusaf doc is refering to:

http://www.pulitzer.org/year/1998/national-reporting/works/index.html

Nothing that is not continuing to happen, as evidenced by the recent scandal. But I think the problem is overall worse now, as this has not been a secret for the last decade, and it has not gotten better, but increasingly worse all around.

Just take the time to read throught this forum, and even you do not take our words as gospel, take the time to do just a little investigation by calling up active duty physicians. You will find that what we post out of experience is exactly what is happening, and worse. Unfortunately for everyone of you who makes an effort to fing things out, there is a bunch of "I am a Patriot, and you all must be communists" type people that will continue to give military medicine a pipeline of people to abuse.

Good luck, and when you finish your training, see what the military climate is. Undoubtedly I think it will worse, until that pipeline is dry.

Here's the article exusaf doc is refering to:

http://www.pulitzer.org/year/1998/national-reporting/works/index.html

Nothing that is not continuing to happen, as evidenced by the recent scandal. But I think the problem is overall worse now, as this has not been a secret for the last decade, and it has not gotten better, but increasingly worse all around.

Just take the time to read throught this forum, and even you do not take our words as gospel, take the time to do just a little investigation by calling up active duty physicians. You will find that what we post out of experience is exactly what is happening, and worse. Unfortunately for everyone of you who makes an effort to fing things out, there is a bunch of "I am a Patriot, and you all must be communists" type people that will continue to give military medicine a pipeline of people to abuse.

Good luck, and when you finish your training, see what the military climate is. Undoubtedly I think it will worse, until that pipeline is dry.

Do you have any resources for contacting active duty docs?

PM us or use this board. I'll answer any questions and I'm sure many others will also.

Do you have any resources for contacting active duty docs?

Easiest thing to do is go on line, look up bases and call the hospital clinics. One day while making phone calls for a poster, I got a hold of three Army surgeons, one resident, and two attedings. Just call the clinincs and tell them you are a prospective whatever, and 90% of the time you'll be able to talk to someone right away.

Certainly you have a vast variety of ex-military physicians on this forum, though we most feel military medicine is complete trash right now, there are very few who do not.

Most of these posts omit a few things most civ. normally assume about the military... the fear or resentment of dying or sleeping in the cold mud or hot sand for months on end.

You find none of that within most of these posts. What you will find is the compounded fear of spending the most productive years of your life working with and for, a star chamber of total *****s.

My inner fear of cont. service was not of dying, but the eventual loss of frontal lobe control. i.e succumbing to the impulse to beat the daylights out of some people who were truly deserving of it. The most ironic thing was some of them actually believed they were good americans and very good at what they did.