WREBs and Corona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Obi-One

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know that some WREBs exams have been cancelled and that ADEX recently rolled out a non patient based license exam. Has anyone heard whether WREBs will also do a similar non patient exam?

Members don't see this ad.

Where did you hear the ADEX isn’t doing patient based?

Where did you hear the ADEX isn’t doing patient based?

1586228316420.png

1586228399775.png

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
These testing agencies are at risk of losing a lot of money this year, they are doing whatever they can to get us taking them.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
These testing agencies are at risk of losing a lot of money this year, they are doing whatever they can to get us taking them.

Most seniors as this point have paid the full amount to take the ADEX or WREB. If these testing agencies end up not being able to provide a timely solution for licensing, do you think if we’re gonna be refunded with the full amount?

Reactions: 1 user
Is this just an interim solution or do you think this will be the new path to licensure? I graduate in 2021 (who knows now that all this is going on) and would love to take a typodont exam rather than stressing about finding ideal lesions on patients!

Exactly. "We are changing this exam to an exam on plastic teeth, after you've spent years treating real patients, to determine whether you're safe to graduate". Seriously. This exam is a money making scam

Reactions: 1 users
To address OPs question..

WREB Said they’re working on a non-patient exam currently but no details about it have been released yet. The only thing they’ve done (for my school at least) is reschedule our exam to mid July. They said we can ask for a refund up to three weeks prior to the exam date if the student can’t take the test on the new scheduled date.

Personally I feel like at this point the best idea is to provide licensure upon graduation for the class of 2020. Every year after us can take the updated exam formats.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's up to the states to decide whether or not they accept this new exam format. As of now, no state that I'm aware of has accepted it.
It only took a pandemic to get rid of live patient exams :whistle:

Yeah, this literally came out last week, I don't expect much to happen so soon. Most boards haven't met yet to even discuss it.

Yep lol.

To address OPs question..

WREB Said they’re working on a non-patient exam currently but no details about it have been released yet. The only thing they’ve done (for my school at least) is reschedule our exam to mid July. They said we can ask for a refund up to three weeks prior to the exam date if the student can’t take the test on the new scheduled date.

Personally I feel like at this point the best idea is to provide licensure upon graduation for the class of 2020. Every year after us can take the updated exam formats.

That will never happen. To dentists that have been practicing for X amount of years to have to take a test for licensure when were already in good standing with our boards, while a 4th year dental student with no real world dental experience automatically gets a license? Might as well just open up the borders for all dentists.

That will never happen. To dentists that have been practicing for X amount of years to have to take a test for licensure when were already in good standing with our boards, while a 4th year dental student with no real world dental experience automatically gets a license? Might as well just open up the borders for all dentists.
I agree. They should open up borders for all dentists. I’ve never agreed with regional exams and state to state licensure.
You don’t need years of real world dental experience to do a class II and 1 quad of SRP.

I agree. They should open up borders for all dentists. I’ve never agreed with regional exams and state to state licensure.
You don’t need years of real world dental experience to do a class II and 1 quad of SRP.

Agreed, if they are making all these changes they better do it right. If you are in good standing with your dental board, there is no reason to do an exam. This has been an ongoing issue with dentistry for years and years and years.