Wright State Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Doctor Octopus, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Had the Wright State interview yesterday. School seems okay, students seem okay,curriculum actually looks pretty good, but my interviews were not as laid back as people kept telling me. The thing that bothers me is that my first interviewer flipped through my file and said "I see you applied to some of the more competitive schools," and then went on to say why Wright is better, etc. I thought they weren't supposed to know what schools you applied to, so he was bluffing, right? Then my second interviewer wanted to know every other school I'd applied to, where I'd interviewed so far, and where I had upcoming interviews. Then she sort of put some of the schools down (too expensive, class size is too large). I got the feeling that they weren't pleased that I was applying to schools of a higher tier than theirs, like they might reject me because they don't think I'd come there. I also got a bunch of the ethical questions, as well as the "where do you see yourself in 10 years" question. I sort of left there with mixed emotions.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

Octo - when did you get the invite??

I only got the secondary a week or so ago. Did they move that fast for ya, or were you invited off of AMCAS??

Sorry it wasn't all that. :(

4. Doctor Octopus

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It was off the amcas, apparently, because none of the people I interviewed with had completed the secondary.

5. WSUreds

WSUreds Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I know quite a bit about Wright State and they do reject highly qualified individuals because they don't think they will end up there. I had a few friends that got into places like UC,Case, OSU, MCO and got rejected post and pre interview from Wright. So don't be surprised, also their class tends to be a majority of women, so if you have good stats and are a male, its not a great combination. I went to undergrad there, so I know some of the inner workings that go on around there. But personally, I didn't even bother to go on my interview there because I had already been accepted to two of my top schools, UC and Case.

About them knowing where you applied, I thought they had no idea. That was my conception, but every school I interviewed at asked where I applied and sometimes why I applied to other schools. So, get used to it.

6. Doctor Octopus

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Thanks for clarifying some things for me. I know one of my friends got rejected from there post interview with great stats. He got into Case, OSU, MCO, UC, NEO. If the same thing happens to me I wouldn't be too upset.