Wright State or UMass Worcester

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bonovox

Coexist, or else...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which would you guys pick for an internal medicine rotation (eventually specializing in cardiology)? I would appreciate any info you might have about the advantages and disadvantages of working at either.

For the Wright State, it's actually hospitals affiliated with the university, including Good Samaritan hospital, Miami Valley Hospital, and the VA Medical Center.

Thanks.

--Vinoy

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know much about Wright State, but if you want to do an away rotation, UMass is a good choice. They are close to Boston, have a solid long-standing cardiology fellowship program, and several affiliates you can rotate through (i.e. University Campus, Memorial, Milford-Whitinsville, St. E's in Boston (also a TUSM affil.)). I interviewed at UMass for IM and ended up ranking it pretty highly; everyone seemed really happy and friendly there.

Dont know about UMass but I would NOT recommend Wright State. Not a very well known program and apparently they are not even affiliated with the hospital in town that has the best track record in terms of cardiac outcomes.