Wright State University Boonshoft SOM Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Has anyone who applied to the Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine seen a change on their status check page?

What does it say? Does it show your letters or not? :confused:

They should have had my stuff a long time ago. I am wondering if they have done ANY system updates or if it is just me. I am finding their phone systems wholly unhelpful. :thumbdown:

Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks!
Jackie

Members don't see this ad.

No one else applied to the Ohio schools? C'mon kids. I know there is SOMEONE. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied there on primary, but after learning that they rarely accept OOS students, I withdrew. Waste of $30 :(

Okay. Has anyone submitted all of their stuff to Wright State? And seen changes?

Bueller?

I just checked my status at Wright State and it says that my rec letters have not been received. I sent them about three weeks ago, so I'm guessing that they just havn't updated the website

Cool. Me too. Great.
Anyone else?

630670 said:
I just checked my status at Wright State and it says that my rec letters have not been received. I sent them about three weeks ago, so I'm guessing that they just havn't updated the website

smae here.

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey everyone,

Has anyone who applied to the Wright State Boonshoft School of Medicine seen a change on their status check page?

What does it say? Does it show your letters or not? :confused:

They should have had my stuff a long time ago. I am wondering if they have done ANY system updates or if it is just me. I am finding their phone systems wholly unhelpful. :thumbdown:

Anyone? Bueller?

Thanks!
Jackie

I was worried about this too about a week ago. I found this on their FAQ that made me not so worried:

How will I know if my letters arrived?

Please allow at least three weeks for your letters, once received, to be posted onto the status check page. After that time frame, you may call on Mondays from 1 to 4 p.m. or on Thursdays from 9 a.m. to noon for a status check at (937) 775-2936.

Did you call them, John? Did they tell you anything? What?

I called them and they said they haven't processed anything yet as far as LOR's go.

prznpremed said:
I called them and they said they haven't processed anything yet as far as LOR's go.

BINGO! There is something we can use. Thank you. :clap: Nice work.

jackieMD2007 said:
Did you call them, John? Did they tell you anything? What?

No I didn't call because it hadn't been 3 weeks yet. I thought that was pretty ridiculous because if I called 3 weeks later and they told me they had no letters and my application still wasn't complete, I'd be pissed!

Apparently they're not ones for caring about getting secondaries done in a timely manner. Plus, considering they only had a quick online secondary, I don't know what the hell is taking them so long to process them and match them with the LORs. sheesh. Not a great first impression of the school :thumbdown:

Is it really called "Boonshoft?" I thought you were making that up.

chaeymaey said:
Is it really called "Boonshoft?" I thought you were making that up.

:laugh: Yeah, it really is. I couldn't make anything up that was THAT good!!

Shoft in Farsi means suppository! haha :laugh:

chaeymaey said:
Shoft in Farsi means suppository! haha :laugh:

that is funny. well, they are supposed to be a good primary care school :)

OOS here. Even though I sent my LOR a while ago it still shows not received. When I called them they said "check back in 3 weeks."