wright State versus University of Illinois, Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zoom zoom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I wanted to keep my options open and possibly apply for very competitive residencies, which one would i go to? Which has a better reputation? What are the strengths of each school? Thank you in advance :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

BUMP.... please help... i got into UIC and don't have too much $$ for travel, so if wright state doesn't come close to UIC, i don't want to have to travel again. I'm an out of stater for both

zoom zoom said:
If I wanted to keep my options open and possibly apply for very competitive residencies, which one would i go to? Which has a better reputation? What are the strengths of each school? Thank you in advance :thumbup:

I never heard of wright state (where is that), but have heard good things regarding uic clinical training.

Members don't see this ad :)
Faust said:
I never heard of wright state (where is that), but have heard good things regarding uic clinical training.

Wright State is in Dayton, OH...

Well from just the locations you can tell that UIC (in Chicago) will have better clinical opportunities (being in a big city, diversity of patients, rotating in several different hospitals) than Wright state (In Dayton). Actually, I haven't heard of wright state either. So that might be telling you something

I hear good things about UIC. I'm from Ohio so I have heard of Wright State. For competetive residencies, go to UIC. Chicago is an amazing city. Dayton not so much. Congrats!