Wright State vs. Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drhouse9

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wright State Boonshoft SOM vs. Wayne State

I am 98% sure I will be taking Wright State, as:

• I am an OH resident (and will thus save a lot of money)
  • love the flipped classroom curriculum
  • it's only 1 hr 10 min or so from my house, so I can easily go home on some weekends.
I don't know if Wayne State would offer me a lot of financial aid, but even if they do it is unlikely to offset the difference in IS vs OOS tuition. I am essentially asking if I am missing anything here - is there anything that might make Wayne State a better choice? The rankings of both schools seem pretty similar. I just want to ensure I give this proper thought before I actually reject an offer. I'd appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

Wright State Boonshoft SOM vs. Wayne State

I am 98% sure I will be taking Wright State, as:

• I am an OH resident (and will thus save a lot of money)
  • love the flipped classroom curriculum
  • it's only 1 hr 10 min or so from my house, so I can easily go home on some weekends.
I don't know if Wayne State would offer me a lot of financial aid, but even if they do it is unlikely to offset the difference in IS vs OOS tuition. I am essentially asking if I am missing anything here - is there anything that might make Wayne State a better choice? The rankings of both schools seem pretty similar. I just want to ensure I give this proper thought before I actually reject an offer. I'd appreciate any feedback!
Wright State.

Especially Ohio buckeyes over Mackinac Island fudge!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Wright State.

Especially Ohio buckeyes over Mackinac Island fudge!
Wow, honored to have the famous Goro comment! 😁 Thank you so much for the feedback! (And I’ll agree with you on the Buckeyes for sure).

I did see that USNWR has Wayne State ranked as #66 whereas Wright State in the hundreds, but I don’t know if that makes much difference.

Wow, honored to have the famous Goro comment! 😁 Thank you so much for the feedback! (And I’ll agree with you on the Buckeyes for sure).

I did see that USNWR has Wayne State ranked as #66 whereas Wright State in the hundreds, but I don’t know if that makes much difference.
Wayne may be a better school especially as rankings go, but in the end every med school is just a med school. We aren't talking a DO vs Harvard here. Just save the money would be my advice

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

USNWR? Throw that piece of trash away!!!!

Reactions: 2 users