1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wright State won't let me go

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Caffeinated, Oct 13, 2002.

1. Caffeinated

Caffeinated Army Strong
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I recently had a funny encounter with Wright State. I listed them on my AMCAS, but I never completed the secondary. After I talked it over with my wife, she said she did not want to live in Dayton again (we both graduated from Univ of Dayton in '95/'96). About a week ago they called me for an interview, and a few days later sent me an email. It took me a few days to get back to them. When I finally got in touch with the lady in admissions, I told her about my situation and said that I was reconsidering my application to Wright State. She asked what I would do if Wright State was the only place I got in. I paused, and then she said "don't close any doors right now, let's leave this open." I said ok, I would call back in November.

When I was wrapping up the phone call, I thanked her, and she said something like "Thanks, honey!" I was rolling! I don't remember Ohio being one of those places where honey was all that common, she didn't have a southern accent, and she didn't sound very old. No LOR's, no secondary, and no secondary fee, and they want me for an interview, and call me honey.

I feel so loved!:love:

2. Doctor Octopus

Doctor Octopus Hospitalist
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you're going to get multiple acceptances, but I'd go to their interview just to be on the safe side.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...