Wristlet/purse and portfolio to interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

music314

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I was wondering if it'd be appropriate to bring a black leather wristlet or small black leather purse along with my black leather portfolio. I would choose either the wristlet or the purse (obviously not both) and then use the portfolio to take notes. Would those be too much? If not, do you recommend a wristlet or a purse? Thanks for any opinions!

Members don't see this ad.

I was actually happy I brought a purse. I was able to put a power bar and some water in it just in case and was able to fit any extra materials or school paraphernalia they gave out at the interview. Definitely bring something to take notes with. You want to look back at everything come acceptance time and not rely too much on your memory of what they may have said or how you felt about a particular subject.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
I'm probably going to bring a largish structured black purse (most professional/neutral one I have) for the same reason as above.... I'll want a water bottle, sunglasses, notebook, bandaids, mints (lol at the thought of having bad breath at dental school...), etc etc.
And that way if they give us a folder or papers or a cool free pen I can have it all in one place in a bag that'll fit

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm probably going to bring a largish structured black purse (most professional/neutral one I have) for the same reason as above.... I'll want a water bottle, sunglasses, notebook, bandaids, mints (lol at the thought of having bad breath at dental school...), etc etc.
And that way if they give us a folder or papers or a cool free pen I can have it all in one place in a bag that'll fit
bandaids?

High heels? = no bueno
New shoes? = no bueno
Paper cuts? = no bueno
How often do you get a cut or heck a paper cut. The last time I used a band aid was in nam.

Who doesn't like new shoes?

Reactions: 1 user
It's #thestrugglesofbeingagirl. New shoes are horrible to break into. @Krentist_72 knows what I'm talking about
lmao exactly... trust me, i LOVE new shoes. So I'm speaking from experience on blisters and raw spots on toes and heels.

Personally not even planning on wearing new shoes because that seems too risky. But I also haven't worn heels in a while or even closed toed shoes for that matter because it's been too hot lol so I'm expecting at least one blister

Reactions: 1 user
How often do you get a cut or heck a paper cut. The last time I used a band aid was in nam.

Who doesn't like new shoes?

New shoes can absolutely suck for guys too. I've been wearing my new loafers a lot lately because of this very reason. I would much rather know where my shoes cause hot spots ahead of time, that way I don't get a blister during a day long interview.

New shoes can absolutely suck for guys too. I've been wearing my new loafers a lot lately because of this very reason. I would much rather know where my shoes cause hot spots ahead of time, that way I don't get a blister during a day long interview.
uncomfortable loafers is that a thing