1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Wristwatches

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by NeeMaBeeMa, Apr 11, 2004.

1. Can someone recommend to me a certain brand and model wristwatch that would be suitable for the test (ie. no alarms)?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. jaco

Medical Student
    i picked up a watch at walmart... a "timex ironman" (or something like that) for about $30. the really good feature with this watch is that it does a countdown, so i'm able to set it up for 1hour:40minutes, 1:25, etc. :D

the only bad part is that it beeps, but one of my friends fixed that for me...

4. jhk43

jhk43 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i got one for 5 bux at kmart.

u can turn off the beeping thing by:
    1) unscrewing the back
    2) scotch tape the back, so as to prevent the hinge from touching the back...u'll see what i mean.

WHO GOT DA KEEYZ TO MAH BEEMA??

5. jaco

Medical Student
    :mad:
    $5 bucks?!? darnit... darn the BIG K!!!

could've saved $25... :(

6. MrTee

MrTee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Instead of using a countdown timer, have you tried the simple stopwatch function? That way you'll definitely not have an alarm at the end without having to play McGyver.

7. jeffsleepy

jeffsleepy Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

what works for me is setting my analog watch to stop at 12:00 at the end of each section. This way, it's easier for me to see when i'm halfway though and so on... no subtracting involved.

8. I used one of those cheap electronic timers from Radio Shack. Like many other classmates at Kaplan, we disassembled them and cut the wire leading to the speaker, thus permanently putting them into "mute" mode. :)

9. Athomeonarock

Athomeonarock Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I read somwhere no earplugs are allowed( its on that list of banned items on the website i think)

10. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Earplugs are not allowed.

I got my watch for 10 bucks at target. I really like it (minus the fact that it is ugly).