writing a letter of intent a good thing?

About the Ads

KiKat37

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2004
    I think you should go ahead and do it. It can't hurt.

BTW, there is something called a "search" option... :rolleyes: If you actually use it, you can find and read MANY threads on the same topic. There are like BILLIONS of them!

vtucci

Attending in Emergency Medicine
    Moderator Emeritus
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 6, 2003
    Houston
    1. Attending Physician
      There is actually a difference between letter of interest and letter of intent. To clarify, a letter of intent is something that you send to a school post-interview where you commit to attend that school if granted the privilege of admittance. A letter of interest is something you do to demonstrate continued interest in a school (this typically occurs when you are on a hold or have not heard re: interviews and includes grade updates).

I sent one letter of intent out and I do not know if it will help. My interviewer at the school recommended that I do it to school that the school is really my first choice because they want to match the right students with their school. I'll let you know how it works out.

But if you do send one, make sure it is well-written, it will go in your file for the ADCOM to see. :) Good Luck!

About the Ads
      This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
      2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
      5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
      6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
      7. This thread is locked.