Writing a reference

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by buckdw, Sep 15, 2002.

1. buckdw

buckdw Junior Member

A teacher suggested that i bring a draft of the reference letter to help him write it. Does anybody know the types of things I should include. Are there examples of good reccomendations somewhere, or info on what make a good reccomendation.
    Thanks very much!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SMW

SMW Grand Member

It should include information about why you were such a stand-out in the class. Things like your great communication skills, leadership of the class, thoughtful comments, willingness to help other students, constant preparedness, willingness to ask for help when needed, perserverance, etc. etc. Whatever applies in your particular case. Of course you want some reference to your academic strength too, but if this is all the letter has, it will be a weak reference. Sorry I don't know of any exmples posted anywhere. Although, I do remember one SDNer, when this question was asked once before, writing a very good skeleton letter. Maybe if you do a search you'll find it. Good luck. :)

4. Kermie

Kermie Member