Writing center obliterated my SOP - Push DAT back to full throttle SOP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CANgnome

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I was hoping to stick my SOP in tomorrow night. I THOUGHT it was decently done and polished, but the person at the writing center crossed out half of it.

My DAT is schedules on the 12th, so exactly 3 weeks away. I am hoping to to put all my effort into it to finish up my studying starting tomorrow, but this SOP thing gets into the way.

Now, I know that you cannot submit my application without my SOP, but I can submit it without having taken my DAT.

So is the best idea right now to put every ounce of effort into my SOP, and just put as much polish as possible into it so I can still make the second batch of mailing and just push back the DAT date?

If so, how late can i take the DAT without it causing my application to be knocked off the early consideration? Beginning of August? July 25th or so?

Members don't see this ad.

If that application is in before school starts it is early. Having the DAT completed before the fall semester would complete the application and be guaranteed early. According to a dean of admisions of a dental school in the midwest.

EDIT: Mine will be entirely complete August 15thish.

How long does it take for ADA to send the DAT scores to schools anyways?

I would assume that you will be taking your DAT as the final part of your application on the 15th?