Writing Sample Rescore Success

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pmont

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Got my score back yesterday, and I got a 38 :) M :(

I'm not foolish enough to retake with a score like that, but I am concerned about my WS score. I have a very low GPA (~3.1), and I don't need any other strikes against me. I'm considering having my writing sample rescored. I knew my essays weren't stellar, but they were THAT bad. FYI my VR score was 12.

Is it worth it to rescore? I've only seen 1 thread (from 2008) where someone had a score change (from K to L).

Has anyone else had rescore success?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not worth a re-score in the slightest. An M won't all of a sudden become an R or whatever you need it to be if you're applying to Canadian schools. Maybe a point or two difference, but it's not like they read a 13 year old girl's facebook statuses, then re-evaluated the essay and found Shakespeare.

A 38 is what really matters for US schools.

we have the same mcat score :)
yea that M kinda sucks...I looked through a ton of threads and came across a couple of rescore changes from an M to an N, and L to M.
So basically there's a slim chance you may get it bumped to an N, but if that makes any difference to the adcoms, I'll be shocked.

I just tell myself that the 38 is evidence that I can write intelligibly, and thank God that I'm not applying in Canada.