Writing Score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

linebackeru6

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So just got my MCAT back: 32M PS 10 VR 11 BS 11
My cGPA is 3.43 with sGPA 3.36

I'm only applying DO and I know my stats and ECs look good enough to gain some acceptances but the writing score kinda weirds me out.

Do any DO schools have cutoffs for writing and is this writing score gonna be a big deal? Or will my verbal compensate for the low writing?

Retaking just to boost a writing score seems really dumb.

Thanks

ps my top 3 schools are PCOM, VCOM, and NYCOM

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
So just got my MCAT back: 32M PS 10 VR 11 BS 11
My cGPA is 3.43 with sGPA 3.36

I'm only applying DO and I know my stats and ECs look good enough to gain some acceptances but the writing score kinda weirds me out.

Do any DO schools have cutoffs for writing and is this writing score gonna be a big deal? Or will my verbal compensate for the low writing?

Retaking just to boost a writing score seems really dumb.

Thanks

ps my top 3 schools are PCOM, VCOM, and NYCOM

No one cares about writing. As long as you didn't get a J or K, you have proven that you aren't illiterate.

You can always call the individual schools to make sure, though. Who knows. They may be the exception that proves the rule.

Thanks I figured writing isnt a big deal and if a DO school is gonna deny a 32 just because of an M that it wasnt meant to be but just checkin