Writing Section/Current Events/HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sunfest

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

Does anyone know of any good books to read that will catch me up on current event issues? Reading the newspaper isn't helping because I haven't been paying attention to the news very much for the last 4+ years (sorry, busy with life :( ) and I need something that will give me lots of background..... I know that some of the writing questions are not about current events, but I am also rusty in history, etc.... Can anyone give me any ideas for some good, fast, condense reading? Anyone have any other tactics for finding good writing topics? I can write well, but I just don't have the knowledge base that I should.... Any suggestions, please!?

Thanks!

Sunfest

Members don't see this ad.

You only have 24 hours in a day. Spending one of them on the writing sample that could have been spent on one of the sections that get you points is a waste (some exceptions in Canada, I've heard).

As long as you can write decently and quickly, don't worry.

I didn't do this, but I really wanted to try it out.

Memorize like 5-6 current events, then on the actual WS, apply them as best as you can, topics tend to be about the same thing, (i.e. government, rights, technology).