diosa428

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2005
Status
When you do the practice tests, are you also doing the writing section? How are you grading it? Also, is it less effective to skip the writing section when taking the practice tests? I was thinking that if I did the 2 sciences and the verbal reasoning with 10 min breaks in between it would be kind of the same b/c I'd still be pretty worn out by the time I got to the last section. I'm just worried b/c I don't have tons of free time on the weekends to take really long tests, but I want to get some timed practice under my belt. Thanks!

natureboy

that's the bottom line
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
Know Your Role Blvd & Jabroni Drive
Status
Resident [Any Field]
diosa428 said:
When you do the practice tests, are you also doing the writing section? How are you grading it? Also, is it less effective to skip the writing section when taking the practice tests? I was thinking that if I did the 2 sciences and the verbal reasoning with 10 min breaks in between it would be kind of the same b/c I'd still be pretty worn out by the time I got to the last section. I'm just worried b/c I don't have tons of free time on the weekends to take really long tests, but I want to get some timed practice under my belt. Thanks!
I asked this same question last week but no one responded. :( I really think you should do the writing section during full lengths...at least for some of your full lengths so you know how it feels. I have taken 3 full lengths and only did the writing on one of those and I did feel more worn out going into the bio section than when I skipped the writing section.

stoleyerscrubz

Registered User and Stuff
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2004
NY
Status
Medical Student
I'm going to use the Kaplan big book for the writing sample. I'm only going to practice it once or twice starting the 27th of March. read up on current events especially health care.

Reading the 30+ MCAT thread it does not seem that many people put a lot of work into it.

Saturnine

Boy #16 dead, 22 to go
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status
Stoleyer,

Thanks for the link, but I was joking about the writing sample. A poor attempt at sarcasm.