Other OT-Related Information Writing Thank You Letter for being listed as ALTERNATE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MasterOf.Science.

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was recently listed as an alternate at Creighton. My friend said it would be a good idea to write a thank you letter.
Note, I haven't been interviewed or anything yet.
Is this a good idea? What should I even say?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't. If anything, I would call admissions or a professor within the program and tell them how deeply invested you are in becoming and OT and that you would make an excellent student, ect, ect....

It's totally fine to contact them to let them know you'd like to remain on the alternate list, should a slot eventually open up (and briefly reiterate your interest in the program). Similarly, if you are wait-listed and accept admission somewhere else, contact the school(s) and let them know you can be taken OFF the list so that spot can quickly be offered to someone else who is waiting patiently, just like you have been :).

Members don't see this ad :)
Writing a letter is a great idea, thats how my friend got off the wait list for undergrad at least. It's known to be a good thing, plus..you have nothing to lose by doing it

write the letter! When I was applying for grad school in speech therapy, I was on two waitlists. I hand wrote letters to the person who signed my waitlist letters and expressed my continued interest, talked briefly about what I've been doing in the interim to be a better student, and added in an additional recommendation. I got off both waitlists (Columbia AND NYU). Do IT Do IT! Also email them sporadically indicating your continued interest and any status changes or updates (Ex: more volunteer hours, new volunteer work, etc.) It really makes a difference

I was recently listed as an alternate at Creighton. My friend said it would be a good idea to write a thank you letter.
Note, I haven't been interviewed or anything yet.
Is this a good idea? What should I even say?
I'll be giving up my interview slot at Creighton...will actually do that today... so you may get a call. Never know. Good luck!