Wrong school name in secondary question about COVID. Should I email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted660461

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your best bet is that they don't notice it. Emailing will just bring their attention to it. You could ask if you could reopen the secondary if you're not complete yet.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Late MCAT exam taker who submitted a secondary received from a school that screens for MCAT score. I was super eager to complete my secondary from the school within the hour of receipt and had prewritten their unique secondary questions. However, while editing my standard COVID essay for another school earlier this week; I added a line where I said I hope the blank admissions team would consider XYZ information when reviewing my file. It is a 500 word COVID response that I edit down for other schools (only waiting on a few more secondary because of late MCAT to roll in). Should I email the new school about the error or ignore it like it didn't happen? It is in my top 5 and has free tuition, so I feel like I shot myself in the foot.
Never bring attention to a negative.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Probably. You can only hope that your screener is a skimmer who won't pay close attention.
This^^^^. You did shoot yourself in the foot, and this should serve as a cautionary tale to all of us about rushing through anything involved in this process. That said, you just have to hope they don't notice it. Pointing it out will guarantee that they notice it, and hoping for brownie points is naive. Carelessness in this world could cost lives, and honesty about carelessness at this stage in your career is unlikely to be rewarded, particularly at a T5 (yours or US News') with free tuition.

And, for the record, the problem is NOT that schools are like jealous significant others and become offended that you can't remember their name. The problem is that they HATE applicants recycling essays. Yes, we all do it, but we don't signal it by failing to change names. :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.