Ws?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giggledesi

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,
I was wondering, did anyone get into med schools with one or two Ws on their transcript?????? I was just wondering... thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a W from Freshmen year and it didn't give me any problems (i got into several med schools). No one even asked me about it. I don't think it's a big deal if you only have one or two W's. Don't worry you'll be fine as long as the rest of your application is strong.

one or two shouldn't be a problem. just explain why if necessary. i had a couple and nobody asked (granted one was ridiculous--theater performance that i accidentally registered for and then didn't do) but as long as your transcripts aren't riddled with Ws and Fs you're fine.

n

Members don't see this ad :)
I had one W second year, and am right now choosing between Pitt and Sinai. No worries.

I had two W's. W's is better than a F or a R in my opinion. No problems for me either. several choices.

I have 5 W's :eek:!

Haven't applied yet...

I have 3 Ws. I got into med school.

I had 2 Ws on my undergrad transcript ........and 4 on my grad transcript which only had those Ws and nothing else. I actually withdrew completely from the masters program during the first semester, but it was because I moved away. And I got in with no trouble. (Drexel and VCOM)

2 Ws, No one asked.

oh gosh, I lost count ummm, well i know I had a whole semester because I withdrew from a graduate program, then I had about 4-5 for undergrad....I don't think the W's matter all that much. I can assure you they look better than an :scared: "F" or a :scared: "D"

I had 5 W's too!! I dropped out of school my first year and forgot to withdraw officially!!!! I got in to med school despite that! (though it was 10 years ago)