WSJ: Doctors More Likely to Be Democrats Now...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
no, you are wrong.

trump refused to follow the emolument rules. he refused to divest himself and have them go into a trust. you are posting Fake News.

no diversion, read my post again. you are posting more fake news. I posted that he did donate his salary but he is making millions more than the presidential salary.
I dont' know much about this stuff -

except I do know that there is NO WAY Trump has or would do anything noble. He may have policies that resonate with people - but if someone is are blind to the fact that he is competely self-serving, I think that would speak volumes to the color of their own soul.

Someone was just telling me today how his new tax rules completely are realesate friendly and will be very kind to real estate investors. Hmmmm.....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve already seen the joe rogan one, universal income is a horrible idea. Just straight up horrible.

I find the idea of term limits potentially useful but useless for a presidential candidate because congress would need to do it to themselves.
Okay so you don't like freedom dividend (which is strange...but whatever). That is ONE idea in a sea of great ideas from him.

Okay so you don't like freedom dividend (which is strange...but whatever). That is ONE idea in a sea of great ideas from him.
Name a great one that he might actually be able to pull off, you know...from the sea

Members don't see this ad :)
no, you are wrong.

trump refused to follow the emolument rules. he refused to divest himself and have them go into a trust. you are posting Fake News.

no diversion, read my post again. you are posting more fake news. I posted that he did donate his salary but he is making millions more than the presidential salary.

:troll:

Name a great one that he might actually be able to pull off, you know...from the sea
Okay i"ll work on it - but just to be clear - you pick a candidate based on ideas you think they will be able to pull off? vision, integrity, thought process, understanding of the issues - all that means nothing?

Okay i"ll work on it - but just to be clear - you pick a candidate based on ideas you think they will be able to pull off? vision, integrity, thought process, understanding of the issues - all that means nothing?
hey, I'm libertarian, I'm all for good ideas that might not happen. I actively dislike his economic plan of universal income. I'm indifferent to his term limit pitch.

hey, I'm libertarian, I'm all for good ideas that might not happen. I actively dislike his economic plan of universal income. I'm indifferent to his term limit pitch.
Yeah - people really get hung up on that idea and can't see past it. I get it. You are not alone.

Like I said, personally, i'd rather have my money instead of the government. I like money. I don't like giving it to the government. I like the idea of dividend on a stock - this is no different. It's funny people don't see that.

Yeah - people really get hung up on that idea and can't see past it. I get it. You are not alone.

Like I said, personally, i'd rather have my money instead of the government. I like money. I don't like giving it to the government. I like the idea of dividend on a stock - this is no different. It's funny people don't see that.
IF he really wanted us to have our money, he would just run on the notion of stopping the govt from taking it. It's funny you don't see that

NY Times story says it’s still in process....pennies compared to Biden and others making billions.

“A federal appeals court in New York on Friday revived a lawsuit alleging that...”
See your time away hasn't lessened your idolatry of Ignorance

IF he really wanted us to have our money, he would just run on the notion of stopping the govt from taking it. It's funny you don't see that
Different way to solve the same or similar issue. Same outcome though - except one way (Yang's) answers other very big problems coming. I don't think you can say "If he REALLY wanted to save us our money, he would do X." There may be other nuanced and complex reasons to give a dividend.

Different way to solve the same or similar issue. Same outcome though - except one way (Yang's) answers other very big problems coming. I don't think you can say "If he REALLY wanted to save us our money, he would do X." There may be other nuanced and complex reasons to give a dividend.
YOu mean like the fact that as a high earner, his plan isn’t really to let me keep my money but to hand it to others so they will vote for him?

Increase nuclear power with the use of thorium (instead of uranium)
Push to overturn Citizen's united and readdress the same issues RE: Buckley v. Valeo
Stop allowing big corporations to force small businesses to act as unofficial credit lines because of a difference in bargaining power
making electors determined on a proportional basis (electoral college)
All American citizens should be automatically enrolled to vote (at age 18)
Establish a clear code of ethics that applies to the Justices
Dramatically increase our investment in vocational training
Rebuild our relationships with the rest of the world
Invest in and develop new encryption standards and systems, and immediately shift to using these quantum computing-resistant standards to protect our most sensitive data, and heavily invest in quantum computing technology
Resolve the ambiguity and legalize marijuana at the federal level
Reduce Mass Incarceration

Just to name a few...

Members don't see this ad :)
YOu mean like the fact that as a high earner, his plan isn’t really to let me keep my money but to hand it to others so they will vote for him?
You don't really understand his idea. It's okay. we don't need to keep going back and forth about this. You don't like the idea. cool.

Increase nuclear power with the use of thorium (instead of uranium)
Push to overturn Citizen's united and readdress the same issues RE: Buckley v. Valeo
Stop allowing big corporations to force small businesses to act as unofficial credit lines because of a difference in bargaining power
making electors determined on a proportional basis (electoral college)
All American citizens should be automatically enrolled to vote (at age 18)
Establish a clear code of ethics that applies to the Justices
Dramatically increase our investment in vocational training
Rebuild our relationships with the rest of the world
Invest in and develop new encryption standards and systems, and immediately shift to using these quantum computing-resistant standards to protect our most sensitive data, and heavily invest in quantum computing technology
Resolve the ambiguity and legalize marijuana at the federal level
Reduce Mass Incarceration

Just to name a few...
1. (-) I’m fine with a company having political speech
2. (-)We don’t need govt to interfere in lending terms, that should be market based
3. (-) don’t mess with the electoral college, how states determine theirs should be up to them
4. (-) hell no. If you lack the capacity and initiative to register to vote, no one should want you to
5. (~) too vague to mean anything, I want to see the proposed code
6. (-) “we” don’t need to invest in vocational training
7. (~) that doesn’t mean anything, specify how
8. (+,-) good for govt systems, bad to mandate for private
9. (+) I’m not for mandating states but would love decriminalization which would address #10

what is wrong with your analysis? what was going on from 2010 to 2012? you are being purposefully obtuse here and purposefully disingenuous. if you want to have a real discussion, then be impartial about it

The recession officially ended in June 2009 so you tell me what answer you’re looking for with your question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. (-) I’m fine with a company having political speech
2. (-)We don’t need govt to interfere in lending terms, that should be market based
3. (-) don’t mess with the electoral college, how states determine theirs should be up to them
4. (-) hell no. If you lack the capacity and initiative to register to vote, no one should want you to
5. (~) too vague to mean anything, I want to see the proposed code
6. (-) “we” don’t need to invest in vocational training
7. (~) that doesn’t mean anything, specify how
8. (+,-) good for govt systems, bad to mandate for private
9. (+) I’m not for mandating states but would love decriminalization which would address #10

Yeah- sounds like he’s not your guy.

I love his ideas though. I think they would make the place better.

When a Robert Frost opined that taking the road less traveled made all the difference, I thought that was good advice. I like shows main stream ignores (think “Patriot” on Amazon) and great music that isn’t for the masses (think The Avett Bros or Josh Ritter). I also like thinkers who don’t seem to follow what the masses deem correct. It’s worked for me. Hence I like Yang.

Yeah- sounds like he’s not your guy.

I love his ideas though. I think they would make the place better.

When a Robert Frost opined that taking the road less traveled made all the difference, I thought that was good advice. I like shows main stream ignores (think “Patriot” on Amazon) and great music that isn’t for the masses (think The Avett Bros or Josh Ritter). I also like thinkers who don’t seem to follow what the masses deem correct. It’s worked for me. Hence I like Yang.
I like your taste in music and tv more than politicians

Just going to point out R’s had control of both houses of Congress and the White House for two years and didn’t move the ball an inch on health care.

I think the rhino McCain squashed it as his last vindictive action against somebody he didn’t like, for no reason other than hatred

Just going to point out R’s had control of both houses of Congress and the White House for two years and didn’t move the ball an inch on health care.
Republicans moved the ball forward by eliminating the mandate imposed on all Americans requiring them to buy a private insurance product.

The democrat creation of this mandate was a step backward in terms of individual liberty.

See your time away hasn't lessened your idolatry of Ignorance

My life never seems to change, regardless of who is in office.

We all have political views (which rarely change) and hopes for certain candidates to enact policy that will reflect our views, but usually that is never fully realized.

The only thing I do know is that the longer someone is in office, the richer they get. Thus we will never get term limits.

If you expect a lot from politics, you will be disappointed.

Debt by year:
2010: $1.3t
2011: $1.3t
2012: $1.1t

2018: $779b
2019: $896b
2020: $990b

The more recent numbers include paying for the larger debt incurred from those previous years that you say were more fiscally responsible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link?

• FY 2021 - $1.276 trillion.
  • FY 2020 - $1.281 trillion.
  • FY 2019 - $1.314 trillion.
  • FY 2018 - $1.217 trillion

Here's the addition to the national debt by year. Taken from thebalance.com
Going in to debt to pull us out of a recession that Obama inherited seems much more reasonable then when the economy is doing well. In addition federal tax receipts were also lower in those early years due to the recession inherited from Bush's term and the Obama tax cuts that were needed to pull us out of that recession.

Going in to debt to pull us out of a recession that Obama inherited seems much more reasonable then when the economy is doing well. In addition federal tax receipts were also lower in those early years due to the recession inherited from Bush's term and the Obama tax cuts that were needed to pull us out of that recession.

Here is the bad news:

With our federal reserve system, you cannot balance the budget, as you would precipitate a recession with a contracted money supply.

Beyond the digital expansion of money through the private banking system, money is created by the Fed through the treasury by issuing debt (bonds).

Welcome to this peculiar reality. We are lucky in being the worlds reserve currency, but we MUST go into deeper debt every year.

Keep in mind the Fed is owned by private bankers (not the government) and it was a creation by JP Morgan in an effort to make money off of every citizen in the nation. Ask yourself now- who owns the Fed?

The debt cannot and will not EVER be reduced.

What? The debt did go down under Clinton back in the day, due to limited spending, the peace dividend, and the first tech boom. And that had no negative effects that I can recall.

What? The debt did go down under Clinton back in the day, due to limited spending, the peace dividend, and the first tech boom. And that had no negative effects that I can recall.
It went down because of congress, ie Newt Gingrich and "contract with America". Clinton was dragged kicking and screaming and govt shutdowns.

I think the only reason dems want to decrease the deficit is to shrink the military and punish rich people. I don't really think there's any element of "fiscal responsibility".

The OMB has numbers just a bit different. The historical tables are there for anyone to download. Budget deficits during recessions happen but the solution at the time was giving money away as a stimulus and passing a healthcare bill. Stimulating the purchase of Chinese-made goods did zero and we all know the idea that the ACA would cost "only" a trillion was blatant dishonesty.

It went down because of congress, ie Newt Gingrich and "contract with America". Clinton was dragged kicking and screaming and govt shutdowns.

I think the only reason dems want to decrease the deficit is to shrink the military and punish rich people. I don't really think there's any element of "fiscal responsibility".

That is funny chit

I think the only reason dems want to decrease the deficit is to shrink the military and punish rich people.

yes, punish the billionaires
"Billionaires paid less in taxes than the working class last year for the first time in U.S. history, a study found."
tax the crap out of them, in switzerland we have a wealth tax and you are taxed on your worldwide income and yet it is always one of the top happiest countries in the world

"Billionaires paid less in taxes than the working class last year for the first time in U.S. history, a study found."
This is a really disingenuous clickbaity quote on the author's part. A billionaire pays waaaaaaaaay more taxes than a working class person even if the tax RATE is lower in some cases. 20% of a billion dollars is 200 millions dollars. 25% of a 40 thousand dollar salary is 10 thousand dollars. So, even though the billionaire is the same burden on society, he's paying 20,000 times more. And you are claiming this is "less" in taxes?

Reactions: 1 users
This is a really disingenuous clickbaity quote on the author's part. A billionaire pays waaaaaaaaay more taxes than a working class person even if the tax RATE is lower in some cases. 20% of a billion dollars is 200 millions dollars. 25% of a 40 thousand dollar salary is 10 thousand dollars. So, even though the billionaire is the same burden on society, he's paying 20,000 times more. And you are claiming this is "less" in taxes?

read the title, the quote is from within the article:
Billionaires paid lower tax rate than working class for first time in US history: study

BTW you'll never be a billionaire so wtf do u care? You have some special place in your heart for bezos, zuckerberg, epstein? tax them into oblivion, and F them

To be fair, billionaires give a lot of money to politicians and working class people don’t.

Don’t the top 10% pay 90% of all taxes? And the bottom 50% don’t pay any taxes whatsoever. If I’m right that’s pretty messed up

Vote for me in exchange for $1000 cash per month.

Is the bribery not illegal? I cannot believe this universal income bribe is remotely legal. Should disqualify him from politics.

Billionaires paid lower tax rate than working class for first time in US history: study

BTW you'll never be a billionaire so wtf do u care? You have some special place in your heart for bezos, zuckerberg, epstein? tax them into oblivion, and F them
You extracted the misleading quote from the article, I was just responding to it. I guess I'm supposed to ignore it now - okay...

I think there is a special place in YOUR heart for billionaires. Why do you hate them? Is it jealously?

They are not the reason we are not billionaires. They are not the cause of poverty. The efforts and work of Bezos and Zuckerberg and Gates has made my and hundreds of millions of other peoples' lives better. I don't feel an obligation to them but I also don't have any animosity toward them.

If you have the attitude "tax them into oblivion", these guys will leave your country and come to mine, where I will welcome them and their work and the billions of tax revenue they generate.

Reactions: 2 users

Is the bribery not illegal? I cannot believe this universal income bribe is remotely legal. Should disqualify him from politics.

It's not bribery. And not remotely illegal. How much does the average indigent person get in food stamps, Medicaid, welfare, etc? I dont love UBI, but if it done in concert with cutting other entitlements, then why not?

Don’t the top 10% pay 90% of all taxes? And the bottom 50% don’t pay any taxes whatsoever. If I’m right that’s pretty messed up
Yes, the wealth gap IS messed up. You are paying a higher rate than gates and zuckerberg.

Ligament-

I ABSOLUTELY think the government should give back me MY MONEY. I would do much better things with it then them. Why do you want them to have it?

In fact, people are so against this - it blows me away. Why would ANYONE think the government should keep YOUR money. Let them give it back to me. I am sooo okay with that.

But again - so strange people are against this.

I don't think you are strange - but....it is strange that people want the government to have it.

ALSO, take a look at his 150 other well described and data-driven policies (YANG). He is a very smart guy. I like him.

I love the idea of term limits (12 years) on congressman. I love the idea of using Nuclear power with a non-uranium source. (and many of the other ideas he poses. I don't like them all though....)

Gauss, you understand the math right? who cares what the rate is that they pay? They pay 20,000X more taxes than all of us. That's a lot of taxes.

If we all pay for the same road, same school, same FDA, same TSA - we should all pay the same amount. If you all split a pizza and all eat the same amount, we should all pay the same amount - we don't judge how much to pay based on how much we are worth - we pay on how much we will eat.

Gauss, you understand the math right? who cares what the rate is that they pay? They pay 20,000X more taxes than all of us. That's a lot of taxes.

If we all pay for the same road, same school, same FDA, same TSA - we should all pay the same amount. If you all split a pizza and all eat the same amount, we should all pay the same amount - we don't judge how much to pay based on how much we are worth - we pay on how much we will eat.

That makes sense for a VAT, but not for income tax.

so you favor a flat rate? 10% for all?

Hard progressive tax with no loopholes for capital gains, refunds, credits, hedge funds, etc. Warren buffet should pay the same rate as his secretary.

I can’t believe anybody’s arguing in favor of letting the government spend more money?

Yang's for VAT also!

I know, that's why I brought it up

Yang is the guy who should have a serious policy voice (a la Jared without the international extortion felonies) behind the scenes..... but not a president