WTC 2002 Poll!! You Gotta See this! This will make your day, Trust me!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silvercholla

Smarter than the avg bear
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!!!
<a href="http://www.wtc2002.com/start.lasso" target="_blank">http://www.wtc2002.com/start.lasso</a>

This place is incredible and a perfect memorial to all of the people who lost their lives. Take a look guys and then pass it on.

Members don't see this ad.

That is just too cool... is this really a consideration... or just some guy messing around? I think it's awesome! Except I'd take the triangle off the top... I think it'd look better just as the four cylinders.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by relatively prime:
•That is just too cool... is this really a consideration... or just some guy messing around? I think it's awesome! Except I'd take the triangle off the top... I think it'd look better just as the four cylinders.•••••From what I am hearing, they are giving it real consideration. I think the fifth cylinder is for security measures. Anyway I thinkit's a great idea and I am all for it. :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
opps... I meant "just the ~five~ cylinders." I don't like the pyramid on top. Why do they need that? I don't think they need the pyramid.

I think it's supposed to make it really tall. Like the tallest building in the world. I guess it's to send a message.

I don't know... I just think the top needs a little work :) lol

•••quote:•••Originally posted by silvercholla:
•I think it's supposed to make it really tall. Like the tallest building in the world. I guess it's to send a message.•••••heheh..what's that? "We're America, and we have the biggest skyscraperpenis in the world?" :)

Don't forget the USA invented the sky-scraper... it's only right that we should have the tallest/best one.

Someone would need to put up the $4-10 billion to build it. I think the money could be spent in other ways that would benefit society. How about a memorial that celebrates the lives of the people who died instead of an office building. I don't think those who died care if a big building is built and their lives are reduced to a capitalist venture on creating the biggest tower. Anyways, my $.02

I don't mean to offend anyone, but I believe a memorial that big would be a waste. I think a lot has been done already to acknowledge the victums and their families. Perhaps a memorial in Central Park would be more appropriate.

Also, it's not just the victums that suffered... we all suffered. Those buildings were "sacrad" to every American... not just the people who worked there. I think building a building such as the one Turner is proposing would serve as a kind of memorial for us all... for the pain EVERYONE suffered. It's saying to the world "Look... we got through this together... and we've come back stronger than ever."

"Reduced to a capitalist venture" what is this?!?! Let me remind you that this country is what it is today because of Americans and their "capitalism ventures" and their drive to work hard and be the best.

I know... but for some reason, at least to me it seems appropriate. Did you see the memorial that would be incorporated into indirectly in the middle?

I like it.

But we should incorporate anti aircraft guns on the pyramid :p

•••quote:•••Originally posted by silvercholla:
•I know... but for some reason, at least to me it seems appropriate. Did you see the memorial that would be incorporated into indirectly in the middle?•••••Yeah it's great! I believe in having a memorial in the new building... I just don't think the whole thing should be just a memorial.

whether it's real or not..I see hope in this. This is a place where people can come to and find solace, that their loved ones are buried. this IS where they died, isn't it? Does it not make sense to have a memorial in their name, so they have a good end to this? I don't want to sound morbid, but the WTC is like a burial ground for a lot of people, does it not make sense to honor them by giving them a nice "head stone?" (I think that's what it's called :rolleyes: )

I kinda went off on the whole graveyard analogy, but think about how much solace the families can have by this. My heart goes out to them. And really, I do see a lot of hope in this venture. It should be done.

I don't understand why some of you are against a new WTC. Do you fear the terrorists that much? Should we let the terrorists know that when you mess with the United States you get nothing less but exactly what you want? Rebuilding the WTC is much more than just constructing a new building. It's an In-your-face terrorism.

Borg accent: Your terrorism is futile. :wink:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•I like it.

But we should incorporate anti aircraft guns on the pyramid :p ••••• •••quote:••• I have been repeatedly asked "Are you going to build another structure that becomes a target to terrorists ?" My answer is this "Our New Cyber City Design Concept for The New World Trade Center 2002 will be impervious to attack" for an example: 1: Our Cyber City will have a State of the Art External Security System which at this stage evolves around "Sound Waves" which has the capacity at a specific frequency to repel flying objects up to a five mile circumference. We will seek support from the political system to bring about an edict that a "Five Mile No Fly Zone" area is put into effect around the island of Manhattan. 2: Our Cyber City will embrace multiple internal security systems to detect and thwart any potential detonation issue both at ground level and lower ground levels. Multiple individual recognition technological systems will be applicable to commercial occupants, residents and visitors alike. Inclusive of commercial delivery personnel at multiple checkpoints before gaining entry to our Cyber City. Examples of such technology will be Iris and Fingerprint security plus three dimensional full body scanning. 3: In the event of an emergency, residents, visitors and commercial occupants within our Cyber City will have multiple egress facilities, A) Helicopter Pads (12) which are located on the four external towers (Levels 45 and 75). B) Flexible titanium ladders will enable external movement upward or downward to the atrium Helicopter Pads on levels 45 and 75 C) Multiple internal egress stairwells within the four external towers will be linked directly to the transit levels transporting people to the inner fifth tower where further multiple egress stairwells will exist along with the 50 large, superfast elevators removing occupants from The "Cyber City" in safety D) Further, the Atrium on levels 45 and 75 (Seven Levels) are all linked horizontally for the movement of people which in the event of an emergency has the capactiy for large volume of people movement. E) Moreover, like the human backbone the fifth central tower is the anchor which reaches out to structurally support the outer four towers and will always enable a flow of persons from those external four towers to move to the safety zone being the fifth central tower in the event of an emergency and exit our "Cyber City" thereafter in absolute safety. To conclude, the best definition I can give you re the issue of "Security" is that we will manage security on the basis of RISK whereby no element of human doubt or human complacency will ever prevail and put our commercial occupants, residents and visitors AT RISK ! ••••

I don't understand why some of you are against a new WTC. Do you fear the terrorists that much? Should we let the terrorists know that when you mess with the United States you get nothing less but exactly what you want? Rebuilding the WTC is much more than just constructing a new building. It's an In-your-face terrorism.

Borg accent: Your terrorism is futile. :wink:

•••quote:•••Originally posted by Scooby Doo:
•I like it.

But we should incorporate anti aircraft guns on the pyramid :p ••••• •••quote:••• I have been repeatedly asked "Are you going to build another structure that becomes a target to terrorists ?" My answer is this "Our New Cyber City Design Concept for The New World Trade Center 2002 will be impervious to attack" for an example: 1: Our Cyber City will have a State of the Art External Security System which at this stage evolves around "Sound Waves" which has the capacity at a specific frequency to repel flying objects up to a five mile circumference. We will seek support from the political system to bring about an edict that a "Five Mile No Fly Zone" area is put into effect around the island of Manhattan. 2: Our Cyber City will embrace multiple internal security systems to detect and thwart any potential detonation issue both at ground level and lower ground levels. Multiple individual recognition technological systems will be applicable to commercial occupants, residents and visitors alike. Inclusive of commercial delivery personnel at multiple checkpoints before gaining entry to our Cyber City. Examples of such technology will be Iris and Fingerprint security plus three dimensional full body scanning. 3: In the event of an emergency, residents, visitors and commercial occupants within our Cyber City will have multiple egress facilities, A) Helicopter Pads (12) which are located on the four external towers (Levels 45 and 75). B) Flexible titanium ladders will enable external movement upward or downward to the atrium Helicopter Pads on levels 45 and 75 C) Multiple internal egress stairwells within the four external towers will be linked directly to the transit levels transporting people to the inner fifth tower where further multiple egress stairwells will exist along with the 50 large, superfast elevators removing occupants from The "Cyber City" in safety D) Further, the Atrium on levels 45 and 75 (Seven Levels) are all linked horizontally for the movement of people which in the event of an emergency has the capactiy for large volume of people movement. E) Moreover, like the human backbone the fifth central tower is the anchor which reaches out to structurally support the outer four towers and will always enable a flow of persons from those external four towers to move to the safety zone being the fifth central tower in the event of an emergency and exit our "Cyber City" thereafter in absolute safety. To conclude, the best definition I can give you re the issue of "Security" is that we will manage security on the basis of RISK whereby no element of human doubt or human complacency will ever prevail and put our commercial occupants, residents and visitors AT RISK ! ••••

I forgot to tel you guys that you should vote at the wtc2002 site as well. Get as many votes as you can get in.

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be on a plane returning ho,e from a vacation or business affair and look out of the window and see the first thing that reminds you how good it is to be a New Yorker and an American. That is how I felt every time I came back from a long vacation. I used to look out and be in awe at the magnificence of the towers. I loved that feeling. They made me feel special.

Okay that's enough I'm getting misty.

Isn't that one in Bejing going to be the tallest.
Its like 125 floors maybe more.

AK

Yeah but this one would technically be taller becasue of the pyramid and antenna thingy. Something like 1739 feet.

Your SDN name is after a catus right?

The tower in China will probably also have a communications antenna.

But this one will be better because we will have five cyclinders. They will only have 2 towers just like the current tallest building in southeast asia.

AK

Interesting... I don't like the last image that shows up - the one of it on the skyline. It just doesn't fit in at all.

But I suppose the odds are pretty good it will be filled with a memorial or something like that. I was always a big fan of rebuilding them exactly the way they were, but I don't suppose that would be a smart idea. I mean, who would want to live and work there now?

Anyway... I am moving this to Everyone.