WTF! I give up on verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UpQuark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
First practice exam I took I got an 7 followed by a 6 which I just received. I'm doing the Princeton Course and I swear I thought that I was getting better to only find out that I regressed!?

I consistently get 10+ on PS and BS but it's this damn verbal that gets me.

Currently using TPR Verbal Workbook. Worth upgrading to EK 101?

Members don't see this ad.

Worth a shot. EK101 is what I used and the general consensus seems to be that's it's the best of the bunch.

First practice exam I took I got an 7 followed by a 6 which I just received. I'm doing the Princeton Course and I swear I thought that I was getting better to only find out that I regressed!?

I consistently get 10+ on PS and BS but it's this damn verbal that gets me.

Currently using TPR Verbal Workbook. Worth upgrading to EK 101?

i feel for you... my verbal score is all over the place. i think it has to do with whether my brain is well rested or not. also sometimes i just forget about all the rules for taking verbal

I didn't do great on verbal, but I did score a 9 when most of my practice exams were 6/7. I used test prep NY and took a short bootcamp. Try to get through the passage in 3 min so you will have sometime to go back to the passage. Pay attention to the authors tone and look for changes in arguments. That helped me.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes switch to ek verbal. my vr scores didnt improve at all until my first ek verbal test

EK is really good. Loved most of the explanations they had. But you should keep in mind the format of the test. I killed EK paper based verbal tests, but I had troubles with the computer based AAMCs.

For me reading off the computer screen is a lot harder than paper. To adjust for this I bought the kaplan verbal q bank. There questions are really hard, but I know it contributed to my three point improvement.