WVSOM Class of 2014!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

missDO

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd go ahead and start a thread for the WVSOM 2014ers! This will be a good place to find roommates, post/discuss housing arrangements and searches, and just plain share our excitement to start a new chapter down in Lewisburg, WV!

Congratulations, Class of 2014!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there! Thanks for starting this thread! I look forward to getting to know some people!

CONGRATULATIONS ALL!!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey just got accepted! Anyone now anything about housing/roomates?

Congrats!! There is housing information on the log-on screen of their site; once you have put your 2nd deposit down, the housing directory opens up for you to explore.

Enjoy this year before classes start...see you next August!

Hey missdo i've seen so many of your post and found it really helpful. I have a question since this is like my top choice. I was wondering if my stats is competitive since I've submitted my aacomas at like 8/25 which im still not verified.... 24M mcat with 6 in verbal. 3.4/3sci gpa 500+ hr ED, 300+hrs in clinic shadowing. Bball coach 600hrs. I was wondering what else should i do to make myself more presentable for this school such as letter of interest and etc. Reason I am not confident because of the 6 in verbal, low science gpa and might be considered a late applicant. Really would love to hear from ur response

Hey missdo i've seen so many of your post and found it really helpful. I have a question since this is like my top choice. I was wondering if my stats is competitive since I've submitted my aacomas at like 8/25 which im still not verified.... 24M mcat with 6 in verbal. 3.4/3sci gpa 500+ hr ED, 300+hrs in clinic shadowing. Bball coach 600hrs. I was wondering what else should i do to make myself more presentable for this school such as letter of interest and etc. Reason I am not confident because of the 6 in verbal, low science gpa and might be considered a late applicant. Really would love to hear from ur response

I would say your stats are certainly competitive. What I believe really makes the difference, though--as you've probably read in a lot of my posts--is going that extra mile with your #1 school. There are obviously reasons why WVSOM is your top choice: location, mission statement, rural medicine interest, etc. Whatever they may be, I think that conveying those connections to WVSOM and/or the surrounding community in this so-called "letter of interest" can help to separate you from other applicants. I think the average MCAT/gpa are 22-23/3.5ish. Since your stats are right there with the averages, I think that it is important for you to make yourself stand out in some respect, especially if you're not a WV resident. Your extra-curriculars are great, which is something that I personally believe WVSOM greatly values--they want well-rounded students, not simply all of the bookworm brains out there; though they make excellent doctors, too, don't get me wrong :)

If you have any other (or more specific) questions, feel free to PM me. I can show you my letter of interest I sent to WVSOM last February, too. :) Good luck and I hope it all works out for you!

Interviewed Dec 14th....Accepted Today:)

Congrats to those recently accepted...what a great Christmas present! Join the fbook group! (link's in a post of mine above)...I need to put it in my signature! I will do that right now :) Congrats again!!

Congratulations Class of 2014! If any of you are still in need of a nice place to call home...

Beautiful 3-bedroom, 2-bath Cape Cod-style cottage within 7 minute drive to WVSOM. Bright, open floor plan with vaulted ceilings throughout, spacious bedrooms in a country community. Beautiful study room with palladium window that overlooks the large yard. Small vinyl fenced area in place for four legged friends or small children. Over-sized 2 car finished garage that is heated and has utility sink in place. Attic storage area above garage that provides ample storage area. Many more details on the listing site below. Wonderful home to help make you successful in medical school!

Please see complete details on link below!

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3542-Brush_Lewisburg_WV_24901_1114981977

Lindsay Kelley, MSIV
719-238-2973

Listing by:
Greenbrier Real Estate Service
Office: (304) 645-2255 Cell: (304) 646-1500

Hi Everyone,

I am going to be a first year student this fall. I just bought a house near campus. It has a downstairs apartment that I am planning on renting. The house is about 2 miles from campus. The rent is 1200 and it is a one bedroom one bath but has a large living room. The rent includes all utilities even cable and internet. If you want more information or pictures you can email me at [email protected]

Attachments

• Kitchen 2.jpg
    Kitchen 2.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Bathroom 3.jpg
    Bathroom 3.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Bedroom.jpg
    Bedroom.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Living Room.jpg
    Living Room.jpg