WVSOM Interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Halaljello

Hot Oil
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yahooo!! my first interview!!
im from chicago....how in the world do i get to WVSOM? what airlines go there? how much are the tickets? What is the easiest way to get there? How is the place? how was the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the interview!

US Air flies into Lewisburg, WV. You will probably have a transfer somewhere, then you might end up getting on a twin engine commuter plane into Lburg. The school is just a few miles south of the airport. I have no clue how much tickets would be. Start looking now though and get something cheap!

It has been 4 years since my interview, but I doubt they could have changed much. Usually it is VERY laid back and no stress. Some only last 20 minutes or less. The day starts in the morning. The school takes you to breakfast at a local bed & breakfast called the General Lewis (school picks up the tab). Then back to the school where you will get to meet students, sit in on some classes, have the interview, then some of the students will take you back to the General Lewis for lunch (school picking up tab). After lunch, you will get a tour of the school, meet the clinical education dept people, the financial aid people, blah blah blah

It is a long day, but a good one. I know there are some people on this board that have already interviewed there this year...they might be able to give you a more recent idea of how the interview goes.

GOOD LUCK! :)

Billie, MS-IV
WVSOM

The wisdom from my wise and savvy collegue Billie is beyond compare.

The WVSOM interview is a very plesant experience. The faculty and staff are very friendly. The lunch time with the students is a good time to ask about housing and other general questions. I think that most WVSOM students are very friendly as well.

It's a good school. Good luck with the interview.

William
WVSOM Class of 2002

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks guys...

What kind of questions are asked during the interview? What should I expect? This is the first time i've had an interview for medschool so im kind of nervous.... any suggestions?
thanks

take a look at this link to a website i'm sure almost all of us found useful or insightful during our application/interview processes. Interview Feedback
good luck with the interview!

Scott
PCOM-2005

As far as interview questions go, they vary depending who is on the interview panel. A couple of helpful things to consider:
1. Make sure you know a little something about the Osteopathic Medical profession. Know who A.T. Still was and a little history about the profession. Don't memorize dates or anything, just the basics.
2. Many of the questions in interviews don't have a firm, solid answer. Sometimes they will ask questions just to see if you have thought about difficult issues. Know a little something about current medical issues like HMO's, physician assisted sucide,ect..

Try and be as honest and relaxed as possible. Remember, even though the school is looking at you, you are also looking at the school as well.

Good Luck.

William
WVSOM CLass of 2002

the cheapest plane ticket i can find is about 530 bucks! does anyone know if amtrak goes down there?

According to the amtrak website, the closest station to Lburg would be White Sulphur Springs, which is where the Greenbrier is. White Sulphur Springs is a few miles from Lburg. I have no clue as to how much a ticket is. I did note on their page they were showing some "30% off" special.

Amtrak Web Page