Wvsom Or Lecom??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DO2BEFINALLY

I HAVE A QUESTION!!!! ARE THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT IS GOING TO BE AWVSOM CLASS OF 2007? I THINK I MAY BE GOING BUT I AM STILL VERY CURIOUS WHY YOU DONT HEAR MUCH ABOUT THE SCHOOL ON HERE. IS THE SCHOOL BAD OR WHAT? FILL ME IN I AM DYING TO KNOW!!!

Members don't see this ad.

First thing first. No more typing in all CAPS. Most people here are on edge anyway and the caps may overpower our prozac.

I've noticed that your question hasn't yet received any response so in an effort to give you something I'll tell you the rumors and hearsay that I've heard. WVCOM is "known" to have a huge focus on rural primary care. I don't think they make any attempt to hide this. Their main goal is to train primary care physicians to work in the foothills and backwoods. Especially in West Virginia. There's certainly nothing saying that you have to make that your goal also, but their entire system (facilities, clinics, early pt exposure), is all geared toward that end. If that fits your goals, then great, you've found your home.

Your thread title mentions LECOM, but you didn't include them in your question. I assume you're trying to compare their goals with those of WVCOM. LECOM (like most all DO schools) wants to train primary care physicians, however they seem to have a more "balanced" system. They are located in a city/suburban setting with a diverse patient population.

Other then the above I admit that I don't personally know a thing about WVCOM. I'm sure it's a fine school, especially if primary care is your goal.

Just my thoughts.