WVU/CAMC work-life balance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medhead1990

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone interview with WVU Charleston this year who would feel comfortable sharing their thoughts on the program in general and in particular the work-life balance? It was my first interview of the season (so its all a blur at this point) and I am applying med-psych so I didn't get as much time to rub shoulders with the residents as I would have liked. Im vaguely remembering that it sounded reasonably laid back regarding hours, however, all I can remember is how burnt out the chief resident seemed... I know I said applicants but I would love to hear from anyone who may know/have an opinion (attendings, current residents, past interviews Etc.).

I remember liking the town and the people. The faculty was all genuinely nice and I felt like the pathology was plenty sufficient. Not a "name brand" program but I'm far more interested in the people (pts, residents, attendings), and culture (which is the part I can't quite remember).

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.