WVU vs EVMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mstern16

Reaction score
Hey! I was recently accepted at WVU and EVMS. I really loved both schools during my interview day, and I am having trouble making a decision. For both schools, I am OOS, the cost is relatively the same, and they are level 1 trauma centers!

WVU:
Pros:
  • Close to home
  • Great student wellness programs
  • College town
  • Exams on Fridays and then given the weekend off
Cons:
  • 2 years in Morgantown then 2 years in Charleston
EVMS:
Pros:
  • 4 years in one location
  • Students seem very happy
  • More city life
  • Higher MCAT and STEP scores
  • Better weather and close to the beach
Cons:
  • Further from home

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! So I don’t see any replies on this but I am also trying to compare schools (waitlisted at WVU and accepted at EVMS) and I’m wondering what you chose and how you feel about your decision after your first semester? Thanks!! :)

I haven't been accepted at either school yet, but I did interview at WVU earlier this cycle and will be interviewing at EVMS this coming week. If you are into research I would recommend WVU simply put they are the best choice here for research. I would think that EVMS has a better location, in my opinion, if you like the city life EVMS is better since WVU is pretty rural (although they are supposed to be investing in the local area to improve it). Both schools seem to have a very happy campus. In the end, if it was my decision I would pick EVMS simply because I feel their curriculum and focus on the community would be a better fit for me (I want to be a community-based physician and work within a rural area and I feel EVMS' programs are better fit to make me into that kind of physician).

Having interviewed at both last year, I’d go with EVMS. Their curriculum teaches well with boards, they seemed happy, and their campus is nice with a new building. WVU was honors/pass/fail when I interviewed last year which was not something I was remotely interested in so take that into account if they’re still H/P/F. Less stress is better

Reactions: 1 users