WWintry WWildlife - 6th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BigCats
MrsDrDr
Diff

2/3

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Let’s be real: village played pretty badly for most of the game. I just wish we’d had the level of discussion and involvement we’ve had over the past three days throughout the entire thing. We might not have been shredded to bits and actually may have stood somewhat of a chance in the endgame. I think we all knew going into today that making it successfully through this lynch, let alone through the two more in a row we would have needed to win, was a gigantic stretch.

Props to the wolves for their victory. Whoever y’all end up being, you guys handily earned that one.

Reactions: 5 users
Let’s be real: village played pretty badly for most of the game. I just wish we’d had the level of discussion and involvement we’ve had over the past three days throughout the entire thing. We might not have been shredded so badly and actually may have stood somewhat of a chance. I think we all knew going into today that making it successfully through this lynch, let alone through two more in a row to win, was a gigantic stretch.

Props to the wolves for their victory. Whoever y’all end up being, you guys handily earned that one.

Yeah, we really dropped the ball on a lot of key lynches, which was frustrating. Combine that with losing a lot of our investigative roles early, and... yeah.

Reactions: 2 users
Kill villagers faster wolves. Smh:eyebrow:

I really was village you guys. Promise I wasn’t lying

Well, my friends. Let this be a lesson for all of us.

The shrimp who lies and runs away lives to lie another day.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I wasn't lying about being unconvertable...
...can't be converted when you're already a wolf

wolf gif.gif

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
We finally got mod-confirmation, so...

giphy.gif

200w_d.gif

I really didn't want to be converted! I was the friendly neighborhood albatross, I swear, and then gradus got his revenge by converting me on his deathbed...

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
NIGHT 12

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

The arctic fox had been sleeping through the night for a long, long time. The work of resurrecting a friend had taken its toll - it was not something that couple be repeated. And so, he slept. But after a day that seemed to drag on forever, only to end in the loss of another friend, the fox was restless. He went down to the water to try to clear his head.

A bowhead whale surfaced as the fox approached. She had a friendly demeanor, came right up to the edge of the ice and spoke to him in a soothing voice.

"Oh my friend, do not lose heart. I have been trying to say it for days. We need to fight to defeat the enemies, not lay down and let them take us. Keep your head up."

The fox smiled for the first time in days, happy to have received some encouragement. He did not see the bowhead's mischievous grin. It is, afterall, difficult to read the facial expressions of a whale.

❄️❄️❄️❄️

Elsewhere, an albatross was perched on the antlers of a caribou, and they walked together in easy companionship. They had been friends for only a short time, but their bond was strong. They laughed and chatted together, making their way to the edge of the sea in the dark. Along the way they ran into an arctic wolf, who was pacing in the moonlight

"What's the matter, friend?" asked the caribou.
"I just can't figure this out," said the wolf, "The pieces aren't coming together." The wolf stopped pacing for a moment, and looked at the caribou again.
"Hold on. I don't think I recognize you."
The albatross chuckled, "Don't be silly, dear wolf. She's been here all along. She's a good egg. Come, stop your pacing and join us by the water. It will help you clear your head. "

The three of them walked together, and as they approached they caught sight of the fox, dipping his tail in the frigid sea, and the whale, floating nearby.

❄️❄️❄️❄️

The lemming was forlorn, for her purpose in life had not been served, and circumstances had made it so they probably never would. She knew she could have hurt their enemies, hurt them bad, if she had only gotten the chance. She saw the arctic hare creeping by and thought maybe she could make up for it - after all, the hare had been acting very strangely.

"Hey! Stop right there!" shouted the lemming, and the hare obliged. "What are you doing sneaking around in the dark?"

"I wasn't sneaking," said the hare, "I just couldn't sleep. And I thought I heard voices coming from the shore."

"A likely story..." said the lemming, and the hare rolled her eyes and bounded off towards the sea. The lemming followed, and as she approached the water she realized that they were not the only ones out and about tonight.

❄️❄️❄️❄️

The whale spoke to the gathered group.
"I see we have all gathered here. Odd, to come together like this at night, but I suppose no one really wanted to be alone in the dark."
"Wait," said the hare, "Not everyone is here. Where is the cold water shrimp?"
"Oh I'm sure she's around somewhere," said the caribou, and there was something in her voice that unsettled the hare, but she brushed it off as more paranoia.

"What are we going to do, you guys?" said the fox, anxiety in his voice. "I think it might be over for us. And the worst part is that even as I say this I know I am talking to the people who murdered my friends. And still I don't know which of you it is!"

The wolf spoke up then, eyeing the whale, "You know, we have been finding a lot of our friends dead...in the water...."

"Is that so?" replied the whale, her voice dripping like honey.

She smiled, as much as whales can smile, and in the next moment had used her enormous tail to splash water up onto the ice. The lemming and the hare jumped back, shrieks in their throats. The wave took the fox by surprise, and he lost his footing. He slid into the water, choking, scrabbling at the ice, but unable to grasp it. As soon as he hit, the bowhead moved towards him, and used her enormous body to pin him against the underwater portion of the ice. He struggled, but he was no match for her. The other animals were so shocked, they didn't even move. It was all over very quickly.

Dead is @Doktor_dud3, who was the Arctic fox, a villager with the ability to bring one dead player back to life in their original role but without any special abilities.

The hare and the lemming began to run, but the great caribou stood in their way. She stamped her hooves as they tried to escape beneath her. The hare got away but she caught the lemming by the tail.

"It was a pretty fun story, wasn't it? Me, a cold water shrimp," she laughed, and kicked the lemming towards the water just as the arctic wolf jumped on her back. The bowhead backed away knowingly, and started a current with her tail. Just enough to keep the lemming from reaching the shore again. And soon the lemming's strength gave out, and she slipped into the depths of the sea.

Dead is @EngrSC, who was the lemming, a villager who would take her killer with her if she was killed at night.

Meanwhile the albatross had taken off after the hare.

"How could you?" screamed the fleeing animal, "You were one of us! You were our friend!"

"What can I say," laughed the albatross, "I got a better offer. Turns out being the bad guy is...pretty fun."

She dived down after the hare, picked her up with her enormous feet, and carried her out to sea. Far, far out. He dropped her into the frigid water and then turned to fly back to his companions.

Dead is @alissa14, who was the arctic hare, a villager with a 1x lynch avoidance.

When the albatross returned, she saw the arctic wolf on the caribou's back, biting and tearing at her. This simply would not do. He swooped in to help his friend, who was bucking around the ice to no avail. The wolf did not see or hear the albatross coming, so was taken by surprise when he felt the stab of her beak. It broke her concentration just long enough for her to lose her grip. The caribou bucked again and this time it sent the wolf flying onto a small platform of ice that had broken off from the main ice floe.

The bowhead dove under the thin sheet of ice and then back up, tipping the wolf off of it and into the water. Though the wolf was strong and majestic on land, he was no match for a whale in the sea. She tossed him around in the water, savoring her final kill, wearing him down. After several minutes it was too much, and he could barely keep his head above water.

"But...you said you were...unconvertable," the wolf said as he started to sink beneath the waves.
"Of course I was," replied the whale, "I was evil all along."

Dead is @Elkhart, who was the arctic wolf, a village tracker who was rezzed as a vanillager.

The bowhead swam up to the edge of the ice, and rested her head near the feet of the caribou. The albatross was again perched on her antlers. They smiled at each other, and started to laugh. And mixed in with their laughter, no louder than a whisper, they could almost hear the growl of a snow leopard, and the squeak of an ermine....

WOLVES WIN

@BigCats - Bowhead Whale - Wolf Orff
@MrsDrDr - Caribou - Wolf Blocker
@differentiating - Albatross - post restrictor and wolf convert

EVERYONE ELSE IS DEAD!

@SkiOtter - Northern Sea Otter - Sacrificial Lamb
@Sunbodi - Arctic Tern - Vanillager
@Dr. ForgotToFlush - Beluga Whale - Vanillager
Elkhart - Arctic Wolf - Tracker
@PreciousMoments2024 - Emperor Penguin - Lover
@cubsrule4e - Rockhopper Penguin - Lover
@holdthemayo - Arctic Cod - designated survivor
@Eriyo - Snowy Owl - affiliation seer
@GraduschoolusMaximus - Snow Leopard - Converter
@AccidentFromFlorida - Fur Seal - Healer
@LizLiz99 - Blue Footed Booby - vanillager
@killerleaf - Elephant Seal - Vanillager
@Wolfie<3 - Puffin - tinkerer
@nontradstdnt - narwhal - ability thief
@acanthuroidei - sperm whale - Upgrader
@Sunshine in a Storm - Disco Polar Bear - Night Canceler
@kraskadva - Ermine - wolf ability seer
@WonderingStudent - musk ox - Protector > Vanilla
@SirHammerlock - Walrus - Neighborizer

Manators

1. @Animal Midwife
2. @CoffeeQuestionMark
3. @Trilt
4. @mizchiefmanaged
5. @finnickthedog
6. @vetmedhead
7. @Dinashadow
8. @SARdoghandler
9. @StayingPositive2017
10. @Barkley13
11. @genny
12. @capri1722
13. @muttmanager
14. @SportPonies
15. @PippyPony
16. @Ms Procrastinator
17. @mypetmoose
18. @ziggyandjazzy

Table of Contents

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
This is in the spreadsheet too, but here are the Tor/Tee matchups

TeeTor
1. PreciousMoments2024vmh
2. EngrSCcapri
3. LizLiz99miz
4. Sunshine in a StormSAR
5. DifferentiatingCoffee?
6. GraduschoolusmaximusPaws
7. Wolfie<3Trilt
8. Ski(finny)
9. alissa14mutts
10. Doktor_dud3MsP
11. MrsDrDrBarks
12. BigCatsDina
13. SirHammerlockfinn
14. Sunbodigenny
15. HoldthemayoSporty
16. WonderingStudentPippy
17. EriyoAM
18. Nontradstdntziggy
19. Accidentmpm

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
I dont mean to say I told you so but

I TOLD YOU SO

:D:D:D:D

Good Game all, I had a blast. Thanks for making me feel at home down here. It was really fun playing with you all.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 10 users
giphy (34).gif

@Elkhart Since dude rezzed you, you would automatically be on his team. If he was a wolf you would have been rezzed as a wolf. You were both village.

Reactions: 1 users
Great writeup @WildZoo ! That is some gruesome Arctic action!!!

I would just like to say thanks to all the moderators, manators, spectators, and especially all the rest of the noobie players. This game took a ridiculous amount of time and thinking! I hope everybody decides to play again at some point!

If I ever have the opportunity to meet any of you in person, I promise to be myself and not anyone else ;)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
This is in the spreadsheet too, but here are the Tor/Tee matchups

TeeTor
1. PreciousMoments2024vmh
2. EngrSCcapri
3. LizLiz99miz
4. Sunshine in a StormSAR
5. DifferentiatingCoffee?
6. GraduschoolusmaximusPaws
7. Wolfie<3Trilt
8. Ski(finny)
9. alissa14mutts
10. Doktor_dud3MsP
11. MrsDrDrBarks
12. BigCatsDina
13. SirHammerlockfinn
14. Sunbodigenny
15. HoldthemayoSporty
16. WonderingStudentPippy
17. EriyoAM
18. Nontradstdntziggy
19. Accidentmpm

man I love this table so much. one of the best parts of the game :cat::shy:

also the preallo pairings

@Crayola227 manators @Matthew9Thirtyfive

@Ms Procrastinator manators @Doktor_dud3

woot! :heckyeah::cat::shy:

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Wanted to give a special shoutout to wondering, who played an excellent game - hence why wolves were so desperate to take her out!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I just want it on the record that every good decision my manatee made, she made entirely on her own, and there were a lot of them :love:

And I did not put her up to that comment about being ok with a chaos win, but I was very proud.

Good job @WonderingStudent ! And to all the rest of the new players :)

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
giphy.gif

Good job @BigCats. You were an awesome wolf pup and I was happy to be your manator :biglove:

I hope you keep playing!

• Love
@MrsDrDr omg you weren’t really cold water shrimp. So upset by this

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
We did have a few superlatives we wanted to give out as well:

MVP goes to @WonderingStudent, who played a fantastic game and is a big reason why it didn't end a few days earlier - you really gave your team the best shot you possibly could!

Best researcher goes to @BigCats, who hunted down those old game spreadsheets and figured out that sometimes mods reuse roles :ninja:

Best fake claim goes to @MrsDrDr for that hilarious cold water shrimp claim...I kind of wish it was an actual role

Best tor/tee pair goes to @ziggyandjazzy and @nontradstdnt - loved your conversations, and they were so so necessary for figuring out a third party role!

Best endgame pep talk goes to @Ms Procrastinator - this may not have been the chattiest tor/tee pair throughout the game, but MsP came in strong with the endgame advice, and I hope it is something her manatee will carry forward into future games

Best sass goes to @acanthuroidei, which needs no explanation ;)

And best humor goes to @SirHammerlock, who made all the mods laugh pretty much every time he posted in his PM

@BigCats also almost got the power wolf award, before the bussing began ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
I do also want to give a huge shoutout to all the manators who took the time to follow this game and help the manatees have a great first WW experience, and of course to my lovely co-mods, without whom this game would either have gone down in flames, or never started to begin with. Love you guys @kaydubs @Karabiner13 @Coopah :biglove:

And thank you to everyone who played as well - I hope you guys stick around and play more games. I really enjoyed running this one for ya :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Well, my friends. Let this be a lesson for all of us.

The shrimp who lies and runs away lives to lie another day.
THE COLD WATER SHRIMP WAS FAKE

YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST MANATORS, MY QUESTIONS FROM MANATOR CHAT HAVE BEEN ANSWERED AND I STILL LOVE HOW HILARIOUS THIS ROLE CLAIM IS

DID I NEED THE CAPSLOCK? NO BUT I'M EXCITED

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Wanted to give a special shoutout to wondering, who played an excellent game - hence why wolves were so desperate to take her out!
We all agreed in wolfchat you definitely deserved MVP!! You played an awesome game!!

• Haha
  • Love