Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

X-mas break and change of address...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Gi, Dec 8, 2001.

1. Gi

Gi Member

Are any of you heading home for the holidays? I'm leaving for a couple of weeks and wondering if I should 1. contact each school and tell them where they can reach me for the next couple weeks or 2. fill out a change of address form at the post office and have mail forwarded or 3. Do nothing, relax, and realize it'll be here when I get back (relax? Ya right!) Your thoughts are appreciated. :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lilninja

lilninja Senior Member

If you are only going to be gone for the standard winter break, I think it'll be okay. The adcoms probably don't meet during that time - med schools have a break too. Just try your best to relax, and check your mail when you get back - the schools know people won't be around.

4. none

none 1K Member

I e-mailed all 25 schools and changed my AMCAS. Most I've seen only take off the 22nd to the 6th at the very most and I'm headed home for a month.

5. sandflea

sandflea Senior Member

don't bother informing them. they all know that many, if not most, applicants aren't at the same address for the holidays. it's just going to cause more confusion when you return. just enjoy your break!

6. gower

gower 1K Member

Why not simply ask someone you can rely on and has access, or is given access to your mailbox, to forward any mail from medical schools to wherever you will be?

7. none

none 1K Member

The wonder of the on campus mail system at UCSD is...they stop delivering mail during breaks!

8. I have a friend that I'm giving my mailbox key to. Told her to open anything that has a University or college or med school as part of the return address. She's gonna e-mail me when she gets whatever. Told her to just keep all the junk mail and I'll pick it all up from her when I get back in town. I'm outta here on the 13th and not returning until the 11th.