yale interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qtpai

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone get a Yale interview here yet? What were your impressions?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Loved it so much it ruined all other schools for me. and, sadly, i do not have very high hopes for acceptance. but who knows, right?

Why did I love it? The student seemed relaxed and happy (big frisbee game going on during my tour). The facilities are amazing. love the ventilation system in anatomy lab so it doesn't smell. also, the "Yale System" is right up my alley. My interviewer was fascinating.

sigh.

It's been a while since I interviewed for medical school, but they offered regional interviews at the time with the dean of the medical school. I got the impression that regional interviews are generally a bad idea from that experience and what he said during the interview. Other than that, the interview was extremely laid back.

I agree with MDRus... The Yale campus was gorgeous, the students seemed ecstatic to be there, and the curriculum was what I'm looking for. I think it's the kind of place where self-motivated students will excel, and unmotivated students will do just fine.