Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Yale invites?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pallcare, Nov 14, 2005.

1. pallcare

pallcare Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I was wondering if you guys know if Yale is still inviting people for interviews? It's my dream school and I'm wondering if i can still keep that dream alive....=)

2. docmorgan

docmorgan Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm in the same boat. Was complete on 8/26.

3. IAMS

IAMS in the scheme of things
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ... maybe you should call :idea:

4. paintstick

paintstick Paintstick
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    your interview at yale is extended based upon when you completed your secondary and when your file was complete and reviewed as per their system. I am an MS1 here at Yale and i did not get my interview invite till january and i interviwed in febuary and i got in (direct, no waitlist) in march. Remember, Yale is non-rolling so when you interview is not so important. With that said, the admin office is extremely friendly, but i would not call asking about an interview that has not been extended to you, that is just in poor taste.

5. FictionalGirl

FictionalGirl Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was completed 9/13, i haven't been extended an interview invitation. Does this mean i've been entirely looked over. I was an april mcat. All finished for me? Or has anyone actually heard back this late? :scared:

6. dajimmers

dajimmers Hedgehog!
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I was complete on 9/12. Just got an interview invite on 11/8. Looks like they are filling up spots around the end of November, beginning of December now.

7. Kazazzle12

Kazazzle12 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I've been complete since 8/18 and still no word. The non-rolling thing lets me keep my hopes up, but now I'm not so sure... :(

8. MCYan

MCYan Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I submitted everything to Yale late August and I dont understand why it took them so long to complete my file. It was completed on 10/11 as indicated on the status page. Haven't heard from the school ever.

9. 45408

45408 aw buddy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I was complete at the end of July, and I haven't heard a word.

10. Pepper1o1

Pepper1o1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Same here as above. I submitted everything pretty early (everything in by mid august) and wasn't marked as complete until October 31st. I just got the invite two days ago, so they are certainly still extending invites!

11. diosa428

diosa428 SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

Ok guys, they got all my stuff in August and I'm STILL not complete and under review. I even called them about (even though it says DO NOT CALL US EVER FOR A STATUS CHECK all over their website) and the woman gave me such a long lecture about needing to wait for them to update the page that I was too afraid to give her my name. I really really hope that nothing is missing from my file, b/c I don't understand why I'm not complete yet?

12. Bluntman

5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Complete 11/2
    Invite 11/30

Good luck!

13. BrownTheDoc

BrownTheDoc Member
    5+ Year Member

It seems all of the people from my school who have interviewed at Yale, Harvard, Cornell, and JHU have >35 MCATS and near perfect GPAs >3.90...... I have a 3.85 and a 34 and I'm really hoping to interview at Yale, do you think I have a shot still this late in the game?

14. diosa428

diosa428 SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, your stats are solid (assuming you have good ECs and your MCAT breakdown isn't like 15 15 4), and since one of the above posters said that Yale is only scheduling interviews in Dec currently, there are probably a lot of interview slots still open.

Edit: ok, so that post was from a month ago, but they're still probably only scheduling interviews into the beginning of Jan, which is still pretty early - can anyone verify what dates Yale is currently scheduling?

15. BrownTheDoc

BrownTheDoc Member
    5+ Year Member

I am really curious to see how it all ends up.... But from what I have seen so far, high stats basically get you interviews almost anywhere, whether or not you get in may be a different story, but I seem to be doubting this more and more everyday.

16. lyn2006

lyn2006 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    As of yesterday they were scheduling for January. The coordinator said to choose any date then.

17. themadchemist

themadchemist Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I got an invite about a week ago, so yes, you're still in the running.

18. Pepper1o1

Pepper1o1 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I don't know what the heck happened, but I think I probably have the lowest numbers of anyone who's interviewing at Yale. I definitely have the lowest numbers on mdapplicants.com, but that may just be sampling error :)
    My GPA is 3.19 (I KNOW... AWFUL!) but my MCATs were 37. I've been rejected by much worse schools, so the only thing I can think of is that they must have seen something redeeming in my personal statement/essays/extracurriculars to grant me an interview. Even though my MCAT is good, my GPA is bad enough that it overset me at most schools I applied to. So maybe Yale looks at more than numbers :)

Oh! And I scheduled my interview two days ago, and the earliest date they gave me was Jan 18. So that's where they are. Good luck everyone!!

19. Risa

Risa like Lisa with an R
    5+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    I can't speak for JHU, but I interviewed at the other schools you mentioned with slightly lower stats than yours. Since all three are non-rolling, I don't think being later in the game is necessarily bad... you definitely still have a shot! Good luck!

20. diosa428

diosa428 SDN Angel
    5+ Year Member

Oh good, I called Yale again today and found out that they never got (or lost) my LORs, which were sent out in August. And the people at my school that send them out won't be in until Tuesday. Sweet.

21. bbpiano1

bbpiano1 Member
    5+ Year Member

22. chlorineK

chlorineK Member
    5+ Year Member

FYI- Yale's target last interveiw date is soon- friday, march 3rd. Although, they could invite some people later than that.

23. Bluntman

5+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    FYI as well- All decisions go out via email and smail on March 28th.

24. MollyMalone

MollyMalone I'm a Score Quadruplet
    Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

So much for "mid-March." Sigh. :(

Oh, well, at least they are emailing in addition to snail mailing. Gotta look on the bright side!

Thanks for the info, Bluntman.