Yale invites?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pallcare

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys know if Yale is still inviting people for interviews? It's my dream school and I'm wondering if i can still keep that dream alive....=)

Members don't see this ad.

pallcare said:
I was wondering if you guys know if Yale is still inviting people for interviews? It's my dream school and I'm wondering if i can still keep that dream alive....=)

I'm in the same boat. Was complete on 8/26.

... maybe you should call :idea:

Members don't see this ad :)
your interview at yale is extended based upon when you completed your secondary and when your file was complete and reviewed as per their system. I am an MS1 here at Yale and i did not get my interview invite till january and i interviwed in febuary and i got in (direct, no waitlist) in march. Remember, Yale is non-rolling so when you interview is not so important. With that said, the admin office is extremely friendly, but i would not call asking about an interview that has not been extended to you, that is just in poor taste.

ingamina said:
... maybe you should call :idea:

I was completed 9/13, i haven't been extended an interview invitation. Does this mean i've been entirely looked over. I was an april mcat. All finished for me? Or has anyone actually heard back this late? :scared:

I was complete on 9/12. Just got an interview invite on 11/8. Looks like they are filling up spots around the end of November, beginning of December now.

I've been complete since 8/18 and still no word. The non-rolling thing lets me keep my hopes up, but now I'm not so sure... :(

I submitted everything to Yale late August and I dont understand why it took them so long to complete my file. It was completed on 10/11 as indicated on the status page. Haven't heard from the school ever.

Same here as above. I submitted everything pretty early (everything in by mid august) and wasn't marked as complete until October 31st. I just got the invite two days ago, so they are certainly still extending invites!

Ok guys, they got all my stuff in August and I'm STILL not complete and under review. I even called them about (even though it says DO NOT CALL US EVER FOR A STATUS CHECK all over their website) and the woman gave me such a long lecture about needing to wait for them to update the page that I was too afraid to give her my name. I really really hope that nothing is missing from my file, b/c I don't understand why I'm not complete yet?

Complete 11/2
Invite 11/30

Good luck!

It seems all of the people from my school who have interviewed at Yale, Harvard, Cornell, and JHU have >35 MCATS and near perfect GPAs >3.90...... I have a 3.85 and a 34 and I'm really hoping to interview at Yale, do you think I have a shot still this late in the game?

Members don't see this ad :)
BrownTheDoc said:
It seems all of the people from my school who have interviewed at Yale, Harvard, Cornell, and JHU have >35 MCATS and near perfect GPAs >3.90...... I have a 3.85 and a 34 and I'm really hoping to interview at Yale, do you think I have a shot still this late in the game?

Yeah, your stats are solid (assuming you have good ECs and your MCAT breakdown isn't like 15 15 4), and since one of the above posters said that Yale is only scheduling interviews in Dec currently, there are probably a lot of interview slots still open.

Edit: ok, so that post was from a month ago, but they're still probably only scheduling interviews into the beginning of Jan, which is still pretty early - can anyone verify what dates Yale is currently scheduling?

I am really curious to see how it all ends up.... But from what I have seen so far, high stats basically get you interviews almost anywhere, whether or not you get in may be a different story, but I seem to be doubting this more and more everyday.

diosa428 said:
Yeah, your stats are solid (assuming you have good ECs and your MCAT breakdown isn't like 15 15 4), and since one of the above posters said that Yale is only scheduling interviews in Dec currently, there are probably a lot of interview slots still open.

Edit: ok, so that post was from a month ago, but they're still probably only scheduling interviews into the beginning of Jan, which is still pretty early - can anyone verify what dates Yale is currently scheduling?

As of yesterday they were scheduling for January. The coordinator said to choose any date then.

I got an invite about a week ago, so yes, you're still in the running.

I don't know what the heck happened, but I think I probably have the lowest numbers of anyone who's interviewing at Yale. I definitely have the lowest numbers on mdapplicants.com, but that may just be sampling error :)
My GPA is 3.19 (I KNOW... AWFUL!) but my MCATs were 37. I've been rejected by much worse schools, so the only thing I can think of is that they must have seen something redeeming in my personal statement/essays/extracurriculars to grant me an interview. Even though my MCAT is good, my GPA is bad enough that it overset me at most schools I applied to. So maybe Yale looks at more than numbers :)

Oh! And I scheduled my interview two days ago, and the earliest date they gave me was Jan 18. So that's where they are. Good luck everyone!!

BrownTheDoc said:

I can't speak for JHU, but I interviewed at the other schools you mentioned with slightly lower stats than yours. Since all three are non-rolling, I don't think being later in the game is necessarily bad... you definitely still have a shot! Good luck!

Oh good, I called Yale again today and found out that they never got (or lost) my LORs, which were sent out in August. And the people at my school that send them out won't be in until Tuesday. Sweet.

FYI- Yale's target last interveiw date is soon- friday, march 3rd. Although, they could invite some people later than that.

chlorineK said:
FYI- Yale's target last interveiw date is soon- friday, march 3rd. Although, they could invite some people later than that.
FYI as well- All decisions go out via email and smail on March 28th.

Bluntman said:
FYI as well- All decisions go out via email and smail on March 28th.
So much for "mid-March." Sigh. :(

Oh, well, at least they are emailing in addition to snail mailing. Gotta look on the bright side!

Thanks for the info, Bluntman.