Yale: Online App?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tigger Tiger

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what's up with Yale's computer system? I completed my app on the 19th of October (August MCAT) and the online check says that my application isn't complete! Anyone in the same boat?

(I'm actually hesitant -- scared? -- to call the adcomm since they explicitally say that ALL application checks are to be done online!)

Members don't see this ad.

The Yale website, according to a member of the admissions office there when I called about a week ago, has been slow in being updated. I was informed by the Yale admissions staff that the August MCAT applications are now currently under review. They didn't know when the website was expected to be updated, or when the August MCAT applicants might receive some sort of correspondence from them.

I think the Yale Admissions Office finally reviewed their "Check Status" website. I've been checking daily and today I'm pleased to say that there's actually a date (Nov.12, 1999) entered next to the line "Application Complete and In Review on:" hee hee.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since Yale is not on a rolling admissions cycle (they notify all applicants on March 15), you don't need to worry about when your application was completed. Yale, I was told by a reputable source, does a good job in evaluating all their applications before making final decisions.

VEGETA:

When did you complete your app?

Hi, Tigger Tiger... on my Yale Status page, it's indicated that my August MCAT score was received on October 19th (which is officially when my application should've been completed), and after the "Application Complete and In Review On:" line, they entered November 12th. I think the application should've been completed on October 19th, but they've chosen to only send my application file for review today. Seems a bit odd to me. Maybe the date that they entered on the website is incorrect.

Still nothing.

Called this morning and they kept on repeating, "Application status checks are not made over the phone". When I clarified that it has been over a month when my application should have been complete, guess what she said... "Application status checks are not made over the phone".

Ah well, looks like Yale is a bust. Too bad I can't get a refund.