1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

yale status check

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by lola, Nov 5, 2002.

1. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

how do i know if my application is complete?? i looked in the faq & it says that every item should say YES, but my application complete and in review on part still says NO. it also says you can't call or e-mail the office. is this what everyone's status check says or does it say YES after complete and in review on?

APPLICATION STATUS CHECK MUST DONE ONLINE ONLY. The admissions staff will not be able to check application status either by TELEPHONE OR EMAIL. If you have already forwarded information, please be patient as the staff works to update our database.

Applications will be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions as they become complete. Invitations to Interview will be sent by email between September- March.

ALL FINAL DECISIONS WILL BE MADE IN MARCH.

References Name Date Received
    COMMITTEE PACKET 25-SEP-02

MCATs Year Month Date Received
    2002 08 17-OCT-02

Fees/Fee Waiver Fee Received YES
    Fee Waiver Approved NO

Certification Form YES
    Application completed and in review on: NO

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Curci

Curci The Master Chief
    7+ Year Member

That happened to me too. Everything on that page said Yes, but it took them FOREVER to change the "application complete and in review" part from No to Yes. Either they're slow, or they're just not that interested in my application. Their loss. :p

4. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Mine said NO for awhile and then changed to YES and I didn't complete my stuff until Oct (quite recently actually)

5. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

i think it's really annoying you can't contact the admisisons office. i will wait another couple of weeks (to make sure they're not waiting on processing of mcat scores) and will try bugging them after that.

6. lll505

lll505 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Lola-

I don't think it is the MCAT b/c I was an Aug MCAT taker. Maybe just give them a call if you submitted quite awhile ago.

7. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

so i called and there is no option for checking your status over the phone. it says it must be done online. they do let you leave a message at the end, but i feel like i shouldn't bother them since they clearly state not to! i guess i will give it a few more weeks. i understand not wanting people to call to see if they have interviews or if other decisions have been made, but i think it's ridiculous to not be able to determine whether or not your application is complete and why it's not if it says it isn't online. hmmph. :mad:

i'm feeling a bit more relaxed now about the process, though. i called one school that said my mcat scores haven't even been put with my application yet, so i'm not so anxious about not hearing word from schools.

8. xaelia

xaelia neenlet
    Physician Faculty 10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Attending Physician
    I've been complete and in review since August 16th.

Haven't heard anything....so much for Yale!

9. Nefertari

Nefertari Undercover Premed
    7+ Year Member

Lola,

If u want to talk to the receptionist, don't press the button for status check, just wait til the end of the main menu, then hold the line & i think it transfers u to the receptionist. I just did this the other day. They said it might take a few weeks for them to update status online.

10. lola

lola Bovine Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks everyone.

i guess i just worry a bit b/c the same thing happened with amcas and nymc. both had everything they needed but were holding my app for no apparent reason other than an administrative error. i'm sick of being penalized for others' mistakes.

11. johnstoner

johnstoner Ben Franklin on Hashish
    7+ Year Member

hey guys...

mine was all done by october 28th. my application started to come in with all supporting material on october 21st and then everyone done by october 24th and they put mine on review by the 28th...that was actually pretty fast...

don't know if thats a good sign. Yale is awesome....fifth year for freee!!!!!! hehe can't wait to slack off at Yale Med!

also i think USC was really bad about thier online status check so i kept on bothering them...sooner or later, they'll crumble and help you out...jsut be as annoying as possible.

peace