Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Yale vs. Stanford

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by doppl, Feb 9, 2002.

1. doppl

doppl Member

Here's my dilemma, I'm pretty much done w/my interviews and know that Yale is my #1 choice. A) should I write them a letter stating they are my #1 choice. The only problem is my fear that schools talk. I'm don't think i'll get into Yale and my #2 choice is a fellow ivy who might be biased not to take me if they know my #1 is Yale.
    B) There's still a chance that Stanford might interview me (no rejection yet)so I wanted to know how people compared the 2 schools. I don't want to write a letter to Yale if it turns out that I end up liking Stanford better.

Do you think I should write Yale the letter? Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. doppl

doppl Member

bumpin' my own post

4. choker

choker Senior Member

my advisor told me that those letters dont help with the first round of decisions, but are only taken into account with waitlist situations. there is also a question of how binding a letter like that is. if you really liked yale, i say to hell with everything else and just send it. they wont transmit favorite school information between them.