Yale vs. Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doppl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's my dilemma, I'm pretty much done w/my interviews and know that Yale is my #1 choice. A) should I write them a letter stating they are my #1 choice. The only problem is my fear that schools talk. I'm don't think i'll get into Yale and my #2 choice is a fellow ivy who might be biased not to take me if they know my #1 is Yale.
B) There's still a chance that Stanford might interview me (no rejection yet)so I wanted to know how people compared the 2 schools. I don't want to write a letter to Yale if it turns out that I end up liking Stanford better.

Do you think I should write Yale the letter? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

bumpin' my own post

my advisor told me that those letters dont help with the first round of decisions, but are only taken into account with waitlist situations. there is also a question of how binding a letter like that is. if you really liked yale, i say to hell with everything else and just send it. they wont transmit favorite school information between them.