Yale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hopkins2010

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yale is nonrolling, correct? When are their decisions announced?

Also, did anyone get a financial aid packet from them already? Whats up with that? Are you supposed to fill it out even though you havent been accepted yet? I'm applying MSTP so I wont be needing financial aid, I'm just wondering why they would send it out so early when they havent given out any acceptances yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Final decisions are mailed March 31st according to the Yale School of Medicine <a href="http://medapps05.med.yale.edu/ows-msa/faq.htm" target="_blank">FAQ</a> page.

Damn! That's so freaking long away!!!
I can't believe schools can make us wait that long :(
OH well...

and Baylor21, you should still fill it out b/c what if you only get in the MD program and not the MD/PhD.....
Just a thought :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Damn! That's so freaking long away!!!
I can't believe schools can make us wait that long :(
OH well...

and Baylor21, you should still fill it out b/c what if you only get in the MD program and not the MD/PhD.....
Just a thought :)

scooby,

Yeah I hear you. But if Yale rejects me for MD/PhD but gives me an acceptance for MD only, I'm not going there anyways.

Dang that sounds kinda weird stating that I am going to reject Yale if they only offer me MD admission. But hey, WashU MSTP makes it pretty tough to choose otherwise.

Of course, I'll probably get rejected outright from BOTH MD only and MD/PhD so its probably a moot point.

baylor21, how was your interview at yale? I felt I had a pretty good one...yourself? :)

Who interviewed you?

Back to cleaning up...

oh my oh my!
800 posts!
this is a wonderful day for scoobster!!!

WOOHOO
I need to go find that smoking pot and med school thread and get a hold of that cyber spliff to celebrate!!!

:)

Scoob,

My MD interviews went very well. My MD/PhD interviews went OK; nothing bad happened but they werent as good as some of my other interviews.

I cant remember their names off the top of my head at the moment.

Me and another applicant were told by a couple of MS-1s that Yale had a video put together by the med students. So we went back up to the admissions office after the interviews and asked to see it. Silverman took us into a room and showed it for us. They should show that video to everybody, it gives a good overview and its fairly well done for amateurs anyways.

Good luck Scooby, is Yale your top choice?

I am not really sure what my top choice is.
I can't be picky until I get into some places!

Originally posted by baylor21:
•Yale is nonrolling, correct? When are their decisions announced?

Also, did anyone get a financial aid packet from them already? Whats up with that? Are you supposed to fill it out even though you havent been accepted yet? I'm applying MSTP so I wont be needing financial aid, I'm just wondering why they would send it out so early when they havent given out any acceptances yet.•••

Regarding applying for financial aid...

At least when I interviewed last year, all the schools I interviewed at advised us to go ahead and put them on our FAFSA even if we hadn't gotten a decision yet. That speeds the process up for everyone. So, I guess that's probably why Yale sent out the financial aid info.