1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Y'all got somin' a say?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by duh?, Nov 26, 2005.

1. duh?

duh? Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    :D Hey y'all. I jus' ray-ed this in the pre- may-ed foorm and I's tryin a faand ay-out what y'all thaink! :laugh: :laugh: The OP talked about the pros and cons of having a southern accent and if people (YOU!) would hide their accents at interviews.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051123/ap_on_re_us/southern_identity_accents

something to get our minds off Dec 1st for a few minutes. :D

2. Audio

Audio Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

I'm against inbreeding depression :thumbdown:

3. Legacy

Legacy DbagFolkGuitarMajor4Life
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    If you're going to be a dentist in the South, then you certainly don't want to discard your accent. It's a mark of humility in a profession where pain is par for the course.

It's also an accent loathed by so many that some entomologist once claimed it was originally caused by some southerners "swallowin' some varmit critters."

Although that is initially a pathetic claim, it is more authentic than "Well, I'm sorry you think I sound really whiny all of the time." :eek: